Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry :oops: . You're just so creative I can't keep it to myself :). May be a little jealous? "Wish I could be as creative as Jen is". Truly, I don't know where it comes from in that mind of yours!!

Ok, so it's a gift and a burden...

Frogger :)

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Where is JS, did she fall off the planet? :?

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Good question. Jenn, you ok??

4. froggerplus

Frugal~

Thinking more on your freebie question...

There will be alot of people out there (providing it doesn't rain), so whatever you have will have to be, well, frugal :). Pens are the best bet. We have koosies sometimes, but they're expensive (even with our Corporate buying power) so we don't have many out there.

A big thing for the fair-goers is balloons and bags. I have a catalog called Bags and Bows if you want to see it. There may be something there you can use. They'll also do personalizing for your company. Balloons are worth it if they have company info on them. Otherwise, just a waste (advertising-wise).

Having a drawing always brings people over. That's a great idea. Baskets are popular. Just make sure your drawing slips have good information collected for future contact.

That's all I can think of for now!
    Frogger

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Pens and grocery list pads!!

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Okay, y'all have hooked me. :D

I've started collecting coupons again and will be making a trip to Lowe's in a little while. I've always bargain hunted while doing our shopping... if it isn't on sale in some way, it doesn't go in my cart -- unless we just have to have it.

Last week I shopped at Food Lion. I only had one $1 coupon with me. I paid (rounded to nearest dollar) $164 and saved $81 -- that was with MVP and BOGO only, and the single $1 coupon. :wink: I bought two large packs of ribeyes that were almost 50% off and some other meats that were marked way down, but they still cost a plenty and ran the bill up. But with a family of 6 to feed, I was happy with the savings!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes with triple coupons and BOGO at Lowe's. Will report back later. :)

7. froggerplus

Nope. She couldn't log on Friday either, and she's out and about today :)

8. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Ok what the heck is BOGO? :oops:

9. froggerplus

Good luck, Ready. Can't take advantage of it this time. Payday is Friday...

Frogger

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Buy One Get One FREE

:D

11. harleygirl

LOL! Just ran into her at Wells. :lol:

12. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Good luck Ready! Let us know how it goes. :)

About BOGO's - when Lowe's Foods has a BOGO sale, you don't have to buy 2 to get the sale price. If you only buy one, they will sell it at half price. :D

Faye

13. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

aaaaaaHA! :lol:

I'm learnin' ... I'm learnin'

I have couponed up and going to take my trek tonight...if I am proud enough I'll post my million's saved 8) That is if I don't go to the grocery store hungry. My biggest is demon my houngry belly. :twisted:

14. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Faye,

I finished the book. I cannot wait to get to NM and really start working on these suggestions even more. Thank you!

15. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Well shoot, I had no idea there were triples this soon. I need some freakin' coupons!!!!

Couldn't log on all weekend, and just lolly-gagging today.

Guess I should get my coupons together and see what I can come up with, huh?

*edited to correct a bad word, lol

16. harleygirl

What do you need, I'll look thru my book?

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I don't *need* anything, but I love to overstock during triples, so I'll use just about any coupon around .75 if it makes an item .25 or less, lol.

I have some coupons that I won't use, but I doubt you could use them either because you're so brand specific. :)

18. harleygirl

:(
    I'm working on it!! For example, I bought a different type of creamer for my coffee last week only b/c I did have a coupon for it. Taste like dog **** until I got used to it. :shock: :lol: :lol:

19. froggerplus

Harley~

I'm doing the same thing. I'm slowly getting used to brands that I don't usually have. Some I'll make permanent changes to, others...well, I'll stick with my old brand!

Frogger

20. le

le Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to hit a Lowe's with a few coups! Hoping mid-day is less crowded...
    I would NEVER be able to happily switch my coffee creamer, absolutely never!