Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Can someone report if the Clayton store has been restocked?
    Thanks!

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

NO! :lol:

Seriously, they were pretty picked over on many things by the time I left this afternoon.

I went to both the Clayton and the Garner stores and the one in Garner was better stocked, and less crowded.

Okay, here are my totals, bought with the meager amount of coupons I had on hand...

Garner Lowes - used the bigger coupons here, bought no meats, but did buy some cleaning supplies. Spent $57.60 & saved $61.53
    Clayton Lowes - used the smaller coupons & bought some meats here. Spent $56.88 & saved $38.67.

Total spent = $114.48
    Total saved = $100.20

YIPPEE! :D

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

wow ready, i'm impressed. someone needs to teach me how to do this.

4. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

Alright, I just got back from Lowe's in Garner. Not as good as you veterans, but I spent 40.32 and saved 39.51.

Not too shabby considering my wife had to have Pringles and my son needed Heinz ketchup, neither of which I had coupons for.

She reads this, so it's not all their fault. I bought some bagels, too. Oh well, another trip tomorrow for the last day of triples.

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Tonight DH & I went to Lowe's Foods in Garner. This was our 3rd trip/cart load.

Thanks to all for the 'spy' report via the web for the items that will be 100% free or almost free. We got toothpaste for .04 cents, (4 tubes!) 2 free toothbrushes, Wishbone Salad Dressing for .20, bags of Lipton noodles for free, fancy dog treats for .42 + much plus more!!!

Every item we bought tonight, except for 1 box of cereal (which was a store brand and on sale) was with a 3x coupon.

We were shut out on only one item, a fancy "box" of lunch meat.

Here's the scoop

Before coupons
    $70.04

We paid
    $19.02

Yipppie!!
    If I can dig out any more coupons from the Grandmom's, we will be back on Tues.

The Garner store was much better re-stocked than the Clayton store.

Pray for triples every month!
    Harris Teeter do you hear us!

6. narron3

narron3 Guest

a Faye Prosser speech tonight!

HI! I am pretty new here but trying to be helpful!
    I am a member of the Clayton Junior Women's Club. Our January meeting is tonight(Tuesday, January 17) and our guest speaker is none other than Faye Prosser! Smart Spending lady!! All of us have been looking forward to hearing her speak on how to save money on our grocery bill. Any ladies who are interested in hearing her tonight are invited to join the CJWC meeting. After Mrs. Prosser speaks we will discuss CJWC business, and all are invited to stay and see what the CJWC is all about. New ideas and members are ALWAYS welcome.
    The meeting is held at the Clayton Center in the Four Oaks room on the second floor. Our meetings begin around 6:45 with some social time-- to catch up and meet any new people. Then we start the meeting with our guest speaker, and end with club business.
    Hope to see you there!

7. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Tangy, Get Faye's book at www.smartspendingresources.com or just PM her on here. It is practically free if you think about it using just one of her tips will earn your $13 back. It is very easy to read too. I had it done in 2 days, with packing and the kids. Ok, I didn't do much packing. :oops:

8. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Re: a Faye Prosser speech tonight!

I am looking forward to meeting you all, narron3! I'm just getting everything ready now and will see you this evening. :)

Thanks for the plug, mamax3! You are always such a great cheerleader!

Tangy, I am sure we can get you up and running in no time at all! :)

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good luck tonight Faye, too short of a notice to be able to make it but i am still hoping for a 4042 workshop - any plans yet?

10. le

le Well-Known Member

50 pages, woo-ee!
    I am hooked on triple coupons now! Made one trip to Lowe's yest and one just now. Saved 33% off total bill last night and 42% off today's total.
    If anyone needs canned chicken, Busy Bones or toilet paper, just holler!!!

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ya, hurry Faye.... I am only saving 60-70% I want to be up in the 80's like 'ya'll.

Part of it is I only buy what I KNOW we will use, and I don't get 5 of the same thing even if it is cheap... My cubbords are soooo full now.

Plus has anyone noticed that lots of the coupons are for high carb stuff? My husband is on Atkins and he complains that everything I get with coupons is not for him. (he said except for toothpaste and deoderant. :p )

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

le, I decided not to go to Lowes, cuz I got so much stuff in the cabinets. For 2 people, we will NEVER eat all this food. :cry: Ok, we will, but grief, next I will need to invest in one of the "freezers" like they have in the grocery store. :shock: :shock:

13. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Well, I will never get to 1000 post but I have a 50 page thread. :lol:

14. harleygirl

I think that's the most EVER, well except the "other" one :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

15. le

le Well-Known Member

Well said and congrats!!!

I am happy enough with my 35% savings range! I only buy coupons for stuff I will actually buy. I also buy a ton of produce - nobody has ever mentioned how to save on it save for not buying it at all!?!

16. harleygirl

If you combine all of my user names I have about 50 million posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I only have 4! :oops:
    3 I don't use :cry:

17. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Harley, don't you use South Beach dinner coupons?

I went thru my coupons last night before I made my impromptu trip to Lowes and found some. You are welcome to them if you can use them.

18. harleygirl

LYMI! :D
    I will get them from you this week, K?

Maybe we should all just put our "list" on here so that we know what each other is usually looking for??? HUH?? See, I'm just full of... ideas :idea:

19. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I was able to squeezing in one more Lowes trip today.

Before coupon total was: $66.70
    Paid: $16.58

That puts my triple coupon totals for Sun. & today to:
    Before: $376.59
    Paid: $104.46

Some of today's bargains included:
    Yogurt Cheerios $0.40
    Ziploc bags $.25
    Kellogg's Special K - FREE
    Colgate FREE
    Suave shampoo - FREE (Thanks Irene for the coupon)
    Tyson chicken nuggets - $1.30 box (thanks Faye for the coupons)
    Tylenol Children's $3.70
    hot dogs $0.09
    Nature's Own Bread FREE
    409 $0.70
    Kleenex tissues (300+ count box) $0.83

20. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post on the 50th page! :D :D

ljk and Kaci - been working with 2 different possibilities for a 4042.com class. Will have the info by end of week.

I really enjoyed meeting those of you 4042'ers from the Clayton Women's Club mtg tonight! I hope you had as much fun as I did!