Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. n8zjb

n8zjb Member

I made all my trips to Lowes...saved 67%.
    However, of all things, there was only 1 thing I could not find...the BOCA products! I had a coupon, and I asked 4 workers to help me find it. After waiting for help, wasting my very precious time, I gave up. Can someone tell me where Lowes stocks this product?
    Thanks!

2. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

At the Lowes foods in Clayton, the Boca products are in the freezer section in the corner by the frozen breakfast stuff. If you were standing in line, then turned around facing the back of the store it would be the far left corner.

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Yep, they are right next to the Eggos/Toaster Struedel section and there were plenty of every kind. Even after I bought TONS of them!

Great job on your savings n8zjb! :D

4. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

My savings are usually in the 35% range. I'm looking forward to the class for 4042'ers too.

I know, I know, Faye, but I'm the *hands-on* kind of learner. I have to see and hear. The book is a reinforcement of that. I think I'm doing perty good considering I did it backwards this time...book first, then class :).

Frogger

5. narron3

narron3 Guest

Thanks Faye!!!

Faye,
    Thanks so much for your time with the CJWC yesterday. We all learned a lot. I am sure we will all implement atleast some of your techniques at the grocery store.
    Thanks again!
    :D

6. frugalmomoftwo

You Are Invited!

We finally have a Smart Spending workshop scheduled for 4042'ers! One of our own, familyoffive, is hosting a workshop at her house in Waverly Place. Here is an invitation for anyone who is interested:

Date: Saturday, February 18
    Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
    Place: Waverly Place, near 42 and 50
    Fee: $10 per person, if you bring a friend, the cost is $8 for you & friend.

Learn how to cut your grocery bill in half using the proven and easy to use Smart Spending System! You will learn how to use couponing and many other highly effective techniques that will help you save significantly on grocery and non-food purchases! Most participants EASILY save the cost of the workshop and more during their first grocery shop using the Smart Spending System.

Faye Prosser, author of “The Smart Spending Guide”, has taught this workshop at Johnston Community College, Wake Tech Community College, Clayton Parks and Recreation and many other women’s, homeschool and religious groups.

There will be great door prizes, freebies, snacks and lots of fun!

The most important part of the workshop is that you’ll learn the techniques that will allow you to make a serious dent in your grocery bill every single time you shop. Imagine what you could do with all that extra money at the end of each month!

Please join us for a wonderful workshop that will change the way you shop and teach you to save more than you ever thought you could!

If you would like to attend, please RVSP to me or familyoffive for directions. You can send me a PM or an e-mail at saving@smartspendingresources.com .

If you would like more info on the workshop please see the website at www.smartspendingresources.com or send me an e-mail. :)

Faye

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WooHoo - so glad to hear it Faye, just pm'd ya.

8. froggerplus

Ditto, Ditto.

PM'd ya :).

Frogger

9. frugalmomoftwo

I look forward to seeing you at the workshop, Kaci and Frogger!

Here is a BOGO (buy one get one free) coupon for Baskin Robbins ice cream cones:

http://www.baskinrobbins.com/IceCream/coupon/EmailCoupon.aspx

Apparently they are good at the free standing stores (like the one in Clayton) and not ones at gas stations.

Of course, we have 2 tubs of Breyers ice cream that were free (Lowe's triples, of course), so we won't be heading to baskin robbins any time soon! :lol:

10. frugalmomoftwo

I have some extra coupons that I am not going to use before they expire on 1/31/06. I have multiples for all of them so there is enough for more than one person. If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will get them to you.

Buy 3 Stove Top Stuffings, get one free

Save 65 cents on any Tyson Frozen Boxed item

Save $1.00 on any 4 Stouffers or Lean Cuisine Entrees or Pizzas

Save 65 cents on any Pillsbury Frozen Oven Baked Product

Save $1.00 on any 2 Sargento Shredded Cheese 5 oz. or larger (I think these are BOGO at HT this week)

Free box of Pop Secret Microwave popcorn when you buy any two 4.5 oz or larger Bugles or Chex Mix Snack Mixes (there was a chex mix coupon in the paper last week or the week before - you can use both at the same time)

11. froggerplus

Faye~

I have a friend who may like to attend on the 18th, is that ok?

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Yeah, and you get a discount!

13. frugalmomoftwo

Absolutely, bring all the friends you can fit in your car. Ready is correct about the discount for you and your friend! See, you are saving money already. :wink:

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have another pile of coupons if anyone is interested. They are from Sunday's paper

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

AND.... with all this extra food...

Basic Needs is accepting food to donate. :)

16. froggerplus

Interested, if you still have them. I missed the paper Sunday.

My shopping trip Sunday, with leftover coupons about to expire, saved me $101 :shock: ! I was a little bit giddy walking out with 2 shopping carts and truly enough groceries for the majority of the month. Gotta love HT's BOGO meat sales.

Next purchase: a new vacuum. After that, a chest freezer!

Frogger

17. harleygirl

FP, there yours. Let me know when you want to get them. You got my #'s :lol:

18. froggerplus

HG~

Thank you :).

If you're by my way today, I have my binder with me. Got about 4 South Beach coupons that expire end of Feb if you want them.

Also, anyone going shopping this weekend? I'm not, but have some good coupons the expire end of Jan. Let me know!

Frogger

19. harleygirl

Hey, I'm headed up that way in a few hours and will drop them by to you! What time to you leave for lunch?

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me me, gotta hit the grocery store this week, been putting if off for about 3 weeks :shock: