Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. stonecold

stonecold Guest

My one issue is that I only shop at Lowe's foods. It is convenient, the quality aND selection is good. Is this an issue ?

2. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I, too, like Lowe's Foods for those same reasons. BUT, my goal is to save as much as I can so I am willing to shop at more than one store to get the great buys. Flexibility = Savings. The more willing you are to go to even one more store a week, the better your savings will be.

3. Momof3boyz

Momof3boyz Guest

WOO HOO fellow couponers :)

IM a Mom of 3 boys and I coupon all the time.I save at least $35-$40.00 a week on coupons.IM a lso a member of a yahoo NC couponing group and we help each other out with deals.Here are some great sites for getting Freebies and Coupons .HTH

url]http://www.mycoupons.com/[/url]

url]http://www.freesamplesite.com/ydf/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1/[/url]

Also if you shop at Food Lion they have a Shoppers Companion that they send to your email every week with GREAT printable coupons ex.$1.00 off cool whip,Free FL 2lit.,$2.00 off FL icecream, and so on GREAT deals.

[/url]

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Question ... laundry detergent. Do you get what you pay for??

5. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

just wanted to remind everyone of tomorrow night. If you are interested and haven't contacted me yet. There is still time. Just send me a pm for directions.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I sent you a PM. I am still interested.

7. frugalmomoftwo

Please join us tonight, Cleo!

Warning - shameless plug coming: Not only will you learn how to slash your grocery bills, but we will have lots of fun and there are great freebies for everyone! I guarantee that you will leave the workshop tonight with coupons and freebies worth more than the $10 workshop cost! :D :D

8. Cleopatra

Can I write a check? :)

9. frugalmomoftwo

Absolutely! :)

See you tonight!

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Shopping @ Aldi

I was in Fuquay today so decided to swing into Aldi to check out their prices. They had some good deals. Most of the items are off brands...perhaps it is there own brand.

Here are some examples:

1lb bagged salad - $.89
    Mac & cheese $.25 box
    Saltines - 4 pack $.59
    bananas - $.29 lb
    watermelon - seedless and not $2.99 each
    16 oz bagged baby carrots $.99
    canned veggies $.33
    canned soups $.43
    15 oz bagged chips $.99
    frozen juice concentrates $.79
    lite pancake syrup $.99
    milk $2.74 gallon (BJs is cheaper at around $2.54)

Remember to bring your own bags/boxes and a quarter for a grocery cart. Your quarter is refunded when you return the cart. I think they only take cash and debit.

Happy shopping!

11. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Well yall missed a very informative meeting and all the really cool prizes. Nice to meet Cleo and Michele. I think Cleo was going to wash her hair, eat some chips and have some pancakes for breakfast.
    Thank you Frugalmom for all the info... I am off to call the dh to tell him all the great news and wash my hair and eat some chips too! :lol:

12. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Oh nuts, it was tonight! I can't tell one day from another. Kicking self as I drove right by your subdivision and it never clicked. :cry:

13. Looney Tunes

Looney Tunes Well-Known Member

I have having one of Faye's couponing workshops at my home on August 14 @ 2:00 if anyone is interested...just let me know and I'll email you directions. I live in Clayton about 5 min from 40/42. It's $10 or $8 each if you bring a friend.

14. Cleopatra

You guys missed out! It was fun AND informative. A great bunch of ladies. I am getting started this weekend.

15. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Thats a possibility ... definitely send out a reminder closer to the date!! Would love to attend one.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

For some reason, I ws thinking this was Monday night.

17. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Did you come by on Monday? I was out shopping Monday. Sorry if I missed you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

No, I couldn't make it on Monday because I had a band meeting at school. I guess I should have paid closer attention to the date.

19. stonecold

stonecold Guest

I understand there will be a seminar in August, please PM me with details, Thanks

20. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I thought I would give an update since the class.
    The first time I went shopping I didn't track but I did have about $50 in mail in rebates.

This time I decided I would to see if I was really saving.

Before my coupons
    $355.93

After coupons
    $238.26

Saved
    $117.67

The big expense that I don't have coupons for is the pet food. That was $70 and I only had a $2 coupon :cry: I did take frugalmom's advice and will be getting a few more coupons and samples soon.

BTW, Walgreens is the cheapest place for milk!

I think I must have been following frugalmom around I saw some coupons taped to some items in Walgreens. Was that you?

Good luck at the class in Aug.

Thanks a million Frugalmom! :D