Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

:x
    I just went shopping yesterday...

2. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Thanks Bren, Apparently you have to have the coupon in the paper in order for them to triple your coupons. Not sure yet if you can use more than one coupon per person during the promotion. The Clayton store was a little confused on all the stipulations according to someone who posted on our yahoo group. As we all find out more, please post and share. At this point it looks like they will triple up to 20 coupons with a face values of up to 99 cents as long as you use the coupon in the paper.

Have fun!!

Faye

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can't smoke that fast! :shock: I got some in the mail Friday from VS also. Thanks for thinking of me Bren!! :D

4. harleygirl

See I normally just pull out the coupons and never even look at the paper. I'll have to find this "coupon" for my shopping trip tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

triple coupon for Lowes Food

The triple coupon for Lowes Foods is on the last page in Section A in N & O Today. It might be worth buying another paper just for that coupon!

6. harleygirl

Re: triple coupon for Lowes Food

Thanks sweetie, I got it. :wink:

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I'm looking at that page right now. It's not there! (Sun, Feb 12, Page 24A). There is a big Dillard's ad.

Half my subdivision is in Wake county (I'm on the Johnston county side.) Could it be that I get the "Wake" version of the paper and it does not have the coupon?

8. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

It's on 32A. Section A is big enough for two page bundles, I guess.

9. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Found it! Yeeeeeaaaaaa!

I read the Sunday paper over the course of the week, and I wouldn't have gotten to it in time. Thanks!

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Thanks again Bren,

I went to the Lowes in Garner and they didnt even ask for the paper coupon (nor did I offer) I saw some people showing it to the cashier and it just caused confusion...

I made three trips-- My best so far was;

$54.00 worth of food for.....97 Cents!!

11. harleygirl

Nevermind, got it. :wink:

12. harleygirl

:shock: Geesh woman!!! I want to be like you!!! :oops:

13. harleygirl

Looks like this time I have to make 2 trips? :roll:

14. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Faye, I didn't have the coupon and they didn't ask for one either. I just got back from making 3 trips. I went to the store in Garner. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. It shouldn't.

Bren

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh!!! :shock: You have got to be kidding me!! That was awesome ljk. Maybe one day I will be as good as you pros are. :)

Bren

16. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

I was going into Cary anyway, so I stopped at the Lowes Foods there, and they wanted the "coupon" (I don't know why they call it a coupon, it has no barcode, it's not like it's needed in any real way, but whatever). I showed it to the cashier, but asked if I could keep it since I was going to another store, and he gave it back to me. I went through the U-scan ayt the one in Clayton, and nobody wanted to see it, it tripled like normal.

17. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

my savings

I went to Lowes Food in Clayton today. My results:

Reg coupon savings.....$12.50
    Double coupon savings..11.50
    Triple coupon savings....10.50
    Reward savings.............17.23
    Total savings..............$51.73

Paid $97.25

And they allowed me to take the coupon back.

18. harleygirl

I'm going today. I have coupons for everything I'm bying except for veggies and Milk :roll:

19. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

OK! I am disgusted!!!! :evil:

I skimp and spread everything really thin... and don't buy groceries for 2 1/2 weeks, just so I could go through all this!?!? I collect my coupons, like a good girl. Look through the papers to see what is on sale, what I need. I make a list of things I need and things that are on sale and write down all of the coupons I have (THAT I NEED) And please NOTE: I only bought things I needed around the house and food wise. Out of the 35-45 odd items I bought from Lowes food I had coupons for 95% of them. I bought 3 things that won't on the list, but were things I needed and remembered once I got to the store.

All I saved was $22.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH??? I was so disgusted I haven't double checked to make sure they gave me trip coupons right but sheesh?! I don't have them in front of me now but it went something like this:

12 coupons
    4 double
    4 triple
    2 lowes savings

I would say I had half & half coupons. 1/2 $1+/- coupons 1/2 $0.50 coupons. So it wasn't like I didn't have some big coupons. I just don't get it. I know there is a cap on which coupons they will double or trip. But how does that work. If the cap is .99 cents then do they just use it once and that's it or will they triple up to the cap?

It was so discouraging... I mean hell's bells I went to foodlion and saved that much w/ MVP and only 3 coupons! 19.20+/-

I think I'll just stick with Food Lion...

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey Koo, I'm still PO'd that I went shopping on Saturday... :twisted:

I just told my husband this morning, I could've gotten those Swiss Miss puddings for FREE!!!