Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol:

I had that coupon too. Used it Friday at Food Lion. :roll:

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Koo,

Make sure they did triple... sometimes they don't. You said some of your coupons were $1.00. They will not double or triple, so it is actually better to use a .50 coupon on triple day. (it will be $1.50)

That is great in theory... but if you only have the $1 off and not the .50 coupon... your out of luck.

If you buy something that is say $2, and have a .75 cent coupon, on triple day that would be $2.25. BUT...they will not triple over the price of the item, so it will double normal, but only triple up to $2.

I only buy things that I have coupons for (just because Lowes foods is too expensive for me on regular things) and I save at least 65%... usually more.

I am still new at this, so I can only do it on triple days.. these other pro's do it all the time???

Check your receipt.

Faye, correct me if I am wrong, I am still new to this myself.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Do you frugal ladies have a coupon for the tax rate in JC?

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Are they still doing triple?

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

We wish!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Today and tomorrow SB

I've got my coupons ready and am going after work, I haven't decided which one I'm going to yet. I have more than 20 triple-able coupons though, so tomorrow at lunch I'll probably make a trip to the Lowes near my office (hwy 64 heading towards Knightdale... I actually like that store better than Clayton, its always well stocked and not very busy).

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Thanks Tassy...got to get my coupons ready!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Well, Kookoo,

I too would not be happy if I had spent time and effort and only saved $22. It is clear that you are shopping differently than we are. If you only used 12 coupons total (according to your post) and only 4 of them were 99 cents or less, than it is not surprising that you only saved $22. Those of us who are saving 85% and more use 20 coupons that are tripled and then other $1 coupons as well. We use multiples of coupons and stock up. Even if they did not triple your coupons, if you only presented 4 that would triple, it's not like the promotion did you much good anyway.

If you are interested in learning how we are so successful at this, I suggest you take a class or chat with a friend who has done well using coupons. There is alot to learn, but it is not rocket science, I assure you.

You are welcome to contact me directly and we can chat about what went wrong on your shopping trip. If interested, send me a PM and we can exchange phone #'s.

Faye :)

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Come to the class on Saturday Koo, i will be there :D

11. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

New or not, sounds to me like you know what you are doing!! :D

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I need a reminder... I know I have the directions to the class on Saturday.. but I don't remember who is having it or what time it starts, and what time it will end?????

:)

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks Tassy, me too. Just checked the message again with directions and i thought times were in there but they aren't.

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Wow, a complement from our leader. :D

I did two more trips in today... (baby wouldn't let me do a third!!)

But I saved 68% on one and 84% on the other. My husband made an excel spread sheet for me to put my savings on and it is really nice to see it accumulate.

Since I have started (thanks to Faye) I have gotten $921 worth of product for $313. That is only a 66% savings, but my first few runs I didn't have the hang of it and it is messing up my average. :lol:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I took Faye's class a couple of weeks ago at the Clayton Center, I just got back from a trip to Lowes in Clayton. My total before coupons was $55.05, after Lowe's rewards and triple coupons, it ended up at $19.95! I could have done a little better because I didn't read the fine print on one of my coupons, but all in all, just tickled. I saved $30 the first time I went to Lowes just on doubles and another $25 at Walmart the other night on reg. coupons for stuff Lowe's is higher on and wouldn't double anyway. So the class has more than paid for itself, and this was the most fun I've ever had grocery shopping. Thanks Faye!

16. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Here are some of the deals that I though were good. (in case you are in a rush at the store!)

Quaker Granolia bars - normally 2.65- Paid .40 (crunchy coupon worked for chewy)
    Angel soft - Normally 2.95-- Paid 1.75
    Jiff- 1.95---.75
    Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes-1.75-- free
    Betty crocker deluxe mashed potatoes 2.35--.40
    White House apple juice- 1.59 Free
    Gushers (Force) 2.45- .20
    Hellmons Mayo- 2.59---.79
    Betty Crocker Cookie mix- 1.95, on sale for 1.45, -- Free
    apple sauce (6 pack) 2.15----$1.10

Aquafresh toothpaste- 2.99 on sale for 1.99--Free

Lots of purina dog chews- normally 2.95-- .70

17. Anonymous

JUST BOUGHT FAYES BOOK. I CANT WAIT.

18. Anonymous

is it to late to sign up for class.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

First Trip:

Spent 43.22
    Saved 31.66

Second Trip:

Spent 27.83
    Saved 31.37

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey FMO2, saw a bunch of women with their "binders" today. I said "You must know Faye" :lol: :lol: