Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

The class is Saturday from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm.

Later this evening I will e-mail those who have PM'd me to RSVP with the directions and name of our gracious host again.

LJK: WOW!!! Awesome savings! When you start tracking them, it is AMAZING to see how much $$ you save. I am really impressed. Your "leader" compliment is too funny! :lol:

KDC - Wonderful savings to you as well! This really IS fun, isn't it??!!

T4T - Got your order, thanks so much!! If you wold like for me to hold on to the book and give it to you Sat, just let me know. I'll reimburse you for the shipping you paid. And YES, there is still more room in teh class on Saturday. We will have a full house, but that just means that much more fun. :) I will PM you with the info later this evening.

Harley - Great job on your totals!! Were you the nice coupon fairy that left coupons in my mailbox this afternoon?

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

No, but I could be! :lol:

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My wife hit Lowe’s this evening and said just about everything that had a coupon in Sunday’s paper has disappeared (Thanks a lot gang 8) ), but she still saved about 40% off the potential bill.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

:oops: Oops, sorry, it is all in my pantry, and my closet and.... :lol:

5. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I think 40% is pretty good. I've been ranging from 20 to 40 %. BUTTTTT after Faye's Saturday workshop, I'm expecting I'll pay 97 cents for $100 of groceries :D

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm not expecting too... but thats what I'm damn sure gonna aim for!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I hope so, I will probably see you there!

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Check you receipts good today. I went twice on Sunday with no problems but I was just checking my receipt from today's trip and only 14 of my 20 coupons tripled. They were all under $.99 Also 4 of them didn't double. I have had it before where they didn't triple any of them but never where some did and some didn't. I will be calling the manager tomorrow to see about an adjustment. I paid at least $5.00 too much.

9. frugalmomoftwo

Thanks for the heads up pkc!

Had a good day at Lowe's triples. Here are my numbers after 4 trips:

Subtotal before coupons were scanned: $210.03
    Total Paid: $13.96
    Savings: 94%

In one shop, my subtotal was $56.16 before coupons and I only paid 14 cents after coupons were scanned and tripled!!

I found most of the good deals that you all found as well as a number of pet food deals (we have 2 cats and 1 dog) including Whiskas Deli Treats, Pounce Cat treats and 9 Lives Cat food. I had coupons for all and got great buys. Also found good buys on Bakers Joy, Betty Crocker frosting, Mahatma Rice, Welch's grape juice, Quaker granola bars, Aquafresh toothpaste, Pace salsa, Kellogs Smart Start (using coupons printed from coupons.com, I think), Old El Paso taco shells and flour tortillas, Suave, Lipton side dishes, Kikkoman soy sauce, honey bunches of oats cereal bars, I can't believe its not butter spray, philly cream cheese, lean pockets, superpretzels, Minute maid OJ, swiss miss pudding, breakstones cottage doubles, dannon danimals yogurt.

As you can tell, I was not stocking up on produce and meat! I assure you that we do not just eat juice, superpretzels, and granola bars all week long! But I stocked my fridge, freezer and pantry with items we will use over the course of the next few months for next to nothing. They even had skim milk marked down to $1.99 a gallon that does not expire until Feb 22.

We still have one more day of triples and I hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Faye

10. kgirl

kgirl Guest

IS today the last day for triple coupons?? (at Lowes Foods)

11. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Gosh Faye that is just Awesome! I went to LF's last night and purchased $207.68 worth of items and saved $58.98. I think that is pretty good for me, since I am a brand person. I had to buy a lot of items that were not on sale, etc. and that I didn't have a coupon for like Dog food, meat, produce. All in all I saved almost $60 and I'm going to spend it tonight to use up the rest of my coupons to stock up on a bunch of stuff!

12. frugalmomoftwo

Yes, today is the last day of triples for this promotion. :)

Good job, Southern! Every dollar counts!

13. harleygirl

Faye, you are going with me next time to LF. :lol:
    That is just amazing!!!!!!!

14. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Tassy, Kaci~

Just got the official word...I'll be there :). DH is not happy to have to "assume duties" two Saturday's in a row for 1/2 the day, but he backed off when I told him what it was for 8) .

Guess the couponing is working! (At least on him...)
    Frogger

15. froggerplus

You go girl! Us name-branders have to work a little harder at it :wink: .

Frogger

16. froggerplus

Gosh, Faye, that's just deflating...14 cents????

Here I get all giddy when I save 33%...

I have a Karma story, happened to me Sunday.

So, when price-matching similar products at the store and choosing coupons to use, I'll leave a coupon I decide against if it's about to expire (like in the next few days). I actually got a bigger thrill last shopping trip watching someone's eyes light up at the sight of the coupon as I slipped quietly around the corner to the next isle, then I did with my savings :).

Sunday was a crappy day. School was a real biotch, and I'd been up 'til 3-4 a.m. for the past 2 nights working on my paper. I was exhausted and cranky. My fam decided to take me to Valentine's Day dinner early and we went to Kobe's in Smithfield (reccommend it on Sunday's, much cheaper).

We then swung by WalMart to buy jeans for DH. This lead me to the women's department where I bought a whole bunch of tops for work on the $5, $7, & $8 tables. I was feeling good, first time I'd bought clothes for moi in abt 2 years. Slipped into the haircare isle to get shampoo and deoderant for DH. He's picky and I have to get one type of one brand and it's expensive. Well, as luck would have it, they had one stick left...and someone had left a coupon! I've never seen a coupon for this brand, so I don't know where they got it, but it sure felt good to see that "present" there :).

Frogger

17. frugalmomoftwo

That's a great story, frogger! Clearly your Karma was good!

I make it a point to give at least one person a coupon for an item they have in their carts every time I shop (if I have one, of course). I love it when they can get the item for free. Often they are shocked that the coupon will save them so much money!

Harley, Did you say field trip??!! :D

18. harleygirl

That's right sweetie, field trip to saving money is always F-U-N!!! :lol:

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool Froggie, that's me, Tassy and Froggie, anymore of our 4042 family gonna be there?

20. cegh424

cegh424 Guest

coupons not tripling

Someone posted earlier that they were having trouble with some of their coupons not tripling. Check the barcode on the coupon, if the first # is a 9 not a 5 the coupon will not triple. HTH