Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

le, see you in a few! :wink:

the special meeting place shh it's our secret! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just got back from second trip to Lowes, ran into Faye there, hi Faye! Anyway, the results are as good as yesterday although they are out of a few things I had coupons for. Total before Lowes rewards and coupons, $52.73. Final bill, $17.06, for a savings of 68%! Thanks again, Faye!

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Sucks to be me, but I'll just have to miss out on triples this time. With the way things have been around here for the past few days, I simply did not have time to get coupons in order and go shopping. I'm lucky I've had time to pick up a few things for Vday!

Oh well, such is life. They will triple again!

4. le

le Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the coups, HG! Sorted thru 'em at lunch and gonna take nine with me tonight. Appreciate you sharing the wealth!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

I need a coupon for Amen chassis works. I need a new rolling chassis. Anyone?? :shock:

6. harleygirl

YW :D It's always good to see you!

7. harleygirl

:? Not me. I have a 289 engine and transmission in the garage if that will help? :lol:

8. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Me too, Jen. Sittin' this one out.

Frogger

9. Anonymous

wow i missed this thread. (the thoughts of it being perm. gone)

I look at it everyday...

i missed the lowes sale because i was to tired to go..

anyone know if kroger is tripling anytime soon or lowes for that matter..

i have saved 8 weeks worth of coupons. waiting for my book.

got a folder going..

good luck to me.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If this has been posted before, I apologize in advance. Just discovered that the Lowes Food website has our local circulars online. You can click on the item you want and it will make a shopping list for you that you can print out grouped by specials then by category such as Breakfast, Cleaning, etc. If I don't have it written down, I will forget what I went after and I sure don't want to miss a good deal. This makes it really easy.

11. froggerplus

Thanks for the tip, kdc :).

I was going thru DT's without this thread!

Anyone else have anything to post about yesterday's shopping trip? Trying to get things more organized, but it seems to be working against me at the moment.

Frogger

12. harleygirl

www.kroger.com

13. Anonymous

thanks for the link hg. is that how yall keep track of triples or just the newspaper.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

All the Smuckers that was on sale was gone, and I accidentally picked up Welches... I remember them asking me if I got jelly. I said "Yeah, two Smuckers grape jellies". I get home and it was Welches that I had picked up and they still tripled my Smuckers coupon?

I made money on Suave shampoo, 31 cents.

And I saw Italian Stallion! 8)

15. froggerplus

Woops on the Welch's, wow on the shampoo :) .

Frogger

16. le

le Well-Known Member

Twice now since I have been couponing I have been raked over the coals about did I really buy this and am I sure I bought the right variety of that. I bag my own darn groceries so I find myself bagging them to unbag them just to bag them again. Do they really not know or do people (like Cleo :wink: )just try to rip 'em off!?!

And who was the woman with two 8ish yo boys telling EVERYONE in the store it was triple coupon day??? Come on, 'fess up!

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I know le, I felt like a real jerk when I got home. Like a real liar. :oops:

Not me with the boys, I went by myself around 5PM before I picked up Baby Girl.

I spent 23 and saved 28. Even with a coupon and a sale, coffee is still darn expensive!! And then you figure in my 1.99 Welches vs the 1.29 Smuckers I thought I was getting...

I know it was good, but I was still disappointed! I want to spend 4 dollars, like Faye!!!

18. le

le Well-Known Member

You musta been going in as I was heading out Cleo!
    I stocked up on coffee last time triples were in town - if you can drink Maxwell House, they tend to have the best coupons, imo.

19. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I have some deals to share: :D

First: Calrolyn's Hallmark in Garner has cards for 25 cents! I have
    not been yet, so save some for me! ha ha

Second: For those of you who use Kotex (now we are getting personal :wink: ), Lowe's Foods has a coupon for them in the weekly sales flyer making them $1.99 for the pads. If you use the BOGO free coupon from last weeks Sunday inserts they are only 99 cents per pack. When I went today, they also let me use the $2.00 off any 2 Kotex packs so I paid 54 cents for 4 packages of 22 maxi pads! They are usually around $2.99 each pack and I bought them for less than 14 cents per pack!!! I was surprised they let me use both coupons, but certainly pleased!

Third: Target marked Valentines stock down to 50% off. The White Oak
    Garner location does not have much stock left, though. I didn't get
    anything from the Valentines clearance. Maybe the other stores have
    more stock.

And now I have a favor to ask all of you. I have a "Cut Your Grocery Bills in Half" class coming up next Tuesday, Feb 21. A reporter from the News & Observer is coming out with a photographer to do a story on the classes. The class is not nearly full yet and I would really like to see more people signed up.

I need your recruiting assistance! If you know of anyone who might be interested in taking a class (especially after they heard how much you saved during triple coupons!), please pass on the class info.

The class will be at Johnston Community College at the Cleveland Campus (across from DR Wells and the Fire Dept.) in the 40/42 area from 6 pm - 9 pm. There is more info on my website at www.smartspendingresources.com including class description and registration details. The cost is $10 per person.

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!!!

Faye

20. harleygirl

Faye if you buy "pads" at BJ's they are $4.99 for a million of them :lol: LMAO!!!

Hey you will be right around the corner from me! I'll see what I can do about coming out. :wink:

Make sure you post your even on the classifieds and if you are nice, maybe webbie can put it on the front page for you? Sorry, if I'm overstepping my boundaries webbie :oops: