Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

READY!?! :lol: :shock: :lol:

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

HE HE ...we call it hairy peter...

3. Southernborn

Thanks darlin :)

4. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

<Innocent look> Whhaaatttt? A bald man, named Peter. :wink: :D

Someone once called Harris Teeter that and it just stuck. Now when I hear the song, "My Harris Teeter", I automatically sing, "My hairless Peter". :oops:

:lol:

Seriously, is there a maximum number of coupons allowed for doubling?

5. le

le Well-Known Member

Ready is on a roll today...the Harris Teeter song, LOL!!! I cannot find the mute button fast enough when those blasted commercials come on!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Ready, if they are double there is no limit.

7. ready2cmyKing

Thanks harley!

8. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

HT will double up to 20 coupons per trip. Their policy allows you to double three multiples of an identical coupon, but the HT's in Cary will do more. I have given them 10 of an identical coupon (of course I also had 10 of the product that the coupon was for) and they all doubled. Lowe's will double up to 4 multiples with no maximum total number they will double.

To those of you taking the class tomorrow - I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Faye :)

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Faye,

My sister is in town and wants one of your binders I got from the class at the Clayton Center. Is there anyway I can drop by when your class is over tomorrow and get one for her, or would you rather I order from your website? If so, where is your class going to be tomorrow. Thanks so much!

10. frugalmomoftwo

Great! I sent you a PM with my number-give me a call and we can work it out.

Faye

11. Southernborn

I went to HT today and spend $208 before coupons and vic. I bought a ton of meat and produce and my bill was $138. I saved $70.00 wooooo :) From these last couple of trips w/coupons...both my freezers, my fridge and pantry are packed. I've still got to find the time to read your book Faye...it's sitting on my dest at work...uggg...so I can start saving like you :)

12. ready2cmyKing

Didn't make it to Lowe's for the triples this time, but I just got home with a van full from Food Lion. Spent $130.76 and saved $107.27, without doubling or tripling a single coupon (of the 15 that I used). I'm pretty happy with those numbers! :D

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just got back from the Target at White Oak, they are having clearance sale in almost every department including health and beauty (shampoo, makeup, Target brand Qtips), household, linens such as curtains, dish towels, faux fur throws, pillows, leftover Valentines. The stuff was going fast. The cashier said they are getting rid of stock so they will have room for the sping merchandise.

14. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

ok, i'm going to be a pain and ask... rather than going back through this LONG thread... if someone could tell me about the class that was mentioned.

i don't do any couponing at all. hell, i dont even read the circulars. i just buy what i want - at full (or discount card) price.

many thanks!

15. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

FMofT is holding two workshops - 9:30 AM on Sat 2/18 and another on Tues 2/21. If you want to come to Sat AM, you'll need to PM FMofT or call her at (919) 818-9146 (phone# on her website www.smartspendingandcouponing.com, so I think it is OK to post here) before 8:30 AM.

I started using the suggestions in this forum last Nov when I thought I might lose my job. (Which I didn't.) Comparing the 6 months prior to Nov, with Nov through Jan, I cut my grocery bill by 42%

16. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I went to Faye's class today. Hopefully I will have a few grocery receipts where I saved enough to brag about it here soon :) Faye & some of the other avid couponers who attended the class made it sound easy to spend money. I think this is a great class :) It should be offered in Home Ec. at the high schools, at the Welfare Dept. for all low income families & at any retirement groups (AARP?) where folks are working with fixed incomes. I'm very wasteful with money. I'm hoping some of the things I learned during the class will get me off to a great start. I bought a book & organizer. I'm going to do a little internet coupon searching - it will be like a treasure hunt. I'll be trying to locate my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - like many of the others on this thread seemed to have already found.

I also wanted to say how great it was to meet a few of you during the class today!!!! It is always great to put faces with names!!!!

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

sorry I didn't get to meet you today Melynda.. I switched to the Tuesday night class for Faye... maybe we'll meet up with our binders in the grocery aisles!

:)

18. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

There is a coupon in the Eckerd sales paper (starts Sunday 2/19) that is for a $25 gift card with prescription.

19. frugalmomoftwo

YEAH!!!! I have a prescription I need to fill by the end of next week and I waited hoping there would be a prescription transfer incentive in one of the Sunday flyers!! Thanks so much for posting this! :D

20. frugalmomoftwo

Melynda, It was wonderful to meet you today! I have thought many times about approaching the schools. I wish I had known all about budgeting, saving money...when I went off to college. Good luck on your treasure hunt for coupons! It really is fun when you start seeing those great savings.

Thank you to all the 4042'ers who were able to make it today. It really is nice to be able to put faces to the screen names. Someday we should have a couponers get together! We can drink those mimosas we talked about, Julie! :lol: Can't wait to meet the rest of you on Tuesday evening.

FYI-I spoke with a friend today who said that there are lots of good clearance items on sale at Kohl's-especially if you have the 15% coupon that Kohl's credit card holders were sent.

Faye