Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I was gonna come by and say hello last night, but I got caught up helping Mini Me with a book report.

I know you all learned a lot!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

you should have!!! but i guess school comes first..

the n&o was there taking pics and doing their thing. i think it was the n&o.

have you written on faye yet (dont remember)

3. JenniferK

Yes, twice........

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

oh ok, didnt read those ones...sorry.

she is sooo positive, and nice.

5. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I could use a few good vibes this afternoon. I am on my way to meet Kim Genardo with NBC 17 news. She called yesterday and asked to do a story about the whole crazy couponing thing we do! She is going to film me while I shop at the Cary HT and Kroger stores today. Not sure when/if the story will run, but I am a tad (ok-more than a tad) nervous! How many pounds does the camera add again?! :lol:

You will all appreciate this-I did my grocery shopping yesterday just before she called!! I used many of my great coupons for the sales this week! :eek: Clearly I was cutting coupons like a crazy person last night to get ready for today.

Deals I found this week include lots of good Kroger 10 for $10 such as grape tomatoes, carrots, Quaker oatmeal (used coupon to make it free), Suave (for 88 cents-free with coupon) and more.

Thanks again for all the support I have found here!!

Faye

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't worry Faye, you will be great. You are such a natural in front of a class and it won't be any different in front of a camera. Have fun with it and show your stuff :lol:

7. le

le Well-Known Member

Good Luck Faye! The timing may have seemed off at first but it musta happened like that for a reason...Keep on sharing the wealth, please!
    Are ya wearing gray!?!

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You'll do just wonderful Faye! Here comes your 15 minutes of fame!
    I can't wait to see you and your program hit the news. When you find out an air-date, pleeeeease let us know. I've been telling everyone about your program and passing out the pens for you.

:)

9. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Good vibes headed your way. I have no doubt you will do great. You are a natural. :D

Bren

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Do you need any coupons? We could take a collection!!

Good luck- show them how it is done.

When your famous, my signed book will be worth millions!! Make me rich!!

11. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, Faye!!

{{{{{{{{{GOOD VIBES SENT}}}}}}}}}}

Murphy's Law kickin' in about the shopping trip, lol. We have faith that you'll find a lot of other great things today, with her in tow!

Let us know :).

Frogger

12. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Faye - You'll do great :) I'll be watching for the story on television. What time are you being filmed doing your shopping? I was hoping that if they were filming this morning - I could catch you on the news tonight :) I'm sure all will be well.

In my case I've found that if something can go wrong - it usually does :) Hopefully your television debut won't go anything like mine did. I'm sure all will go well - but they can always edit out any little slip-ups. Years ago MSNBC came to my home to do a story on the Rotashield vaccine. I was already very nervous about the interview. For those who have spoken with me - you probably noticed that I have a stronger than usual Southern accent. I really don't care for the way my voice sounds when its recorded. I was up all night cleaning so the house would be spotless for the camera crew's visit. Earlier in the day I had given my son a piece of cheese. I assumed he ate it. While the camera crew was filming him, my son goes under the couch and pulls the piece of cheese out and goes to put it in his mouth. YUCK!! I was soooo embarrassed. Although the camera folks got a laugh out of it - I was horrified. I felt better when they assured me that the "cheese incident" would be edited out.

13. JenniferK

Awww Faye, I wish you'd have called me. Mini Me and I clipped TONS of coupons last night, 100's I bet from weeks and weeks of coupon inserts, lol.

Oh well, Murphy's Law.

Good Luck!

14. Clif

Clif Guest

1000th Post In This Thread!!!!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good luck Faye! Let us know when it will be on if you can so we can be sure to watch.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Great job Clif!! Thanks for being a part of the thread!! :lol:

17. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Congrats and good luck Faye!

18. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Frugal~

You know you're addicted to couponing when....

You're trying to figure out how to squeeze in that trip to Kroger for the 10 for $10 on Saturday (because it's the last day) between dance class, art opening (you have to go...it's your sister!) and close friend's house warming (first house ever).

:lol: 8)
    Frogger

19. frugalmomoftwo

Thanks so much for the good vibes - I think they worked! :) We went to Kroger first and I saved 92% off the total bill of $89.75 and at Harris Teeter I saved 81% off the total bill of $92.57. So I paid 24.89 for $182.32 in groceries. :)

I want to thank ncmom and familyoffive who agreed to be interviewed by Kim this morning! They both did a great job I hear and I can't wait to see them in the story! I REALLY appreciate your help, ladies!! :D

The story will probably air Tuesday in the late news, but could air earlier. I should know by tomorrow sometime.

Thanks again everyone! I am very grateful for your support!

Frogger-as you can see, I got some great deals today at the 10 for $10!! Don't miss it! :D

Thanks for the coupon offers Jenn and ljk, if I had more time I would have taken you up on the offers!

20. frugalmomoftwo

The story on NBC 17 news is going to air tonight at 5:45 pm. Keep your
    fingers crossed I don't look like some crazy couponing nut! And a
    BIG HUGE AMAZING thank you again to ncmom and familyof five for allowing Kim to come interview them as well. They did a great job and I
    really appreciate the help, ladies!!!

And our favorite couponer from the press, Sue Stock, attended the
    JCC class on Tuesday. We all enjoyed meeting her and she shared some
    great info as well. She is writing an article for this Sunday's
    Raleigh News and Observer. Not sure what section it will be in, but
    I know I won't look like a coupon crazy in her article because she
    is one of us! Ha ha!

FYI - Target went to 75% off a bunch of the Global Bizarre stuff.

Faye :)