Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

my bf said 1 1/2 acres was a tiny tiny garden..to me its huge. he tended 100 acres. He craves farming this time every year.

this should save me some money. growing my own. :wink:

2. Anonymous

and can I say

COME ON TRIPLES!!

will be my first trip with triples. I am stocked up on coupons. i am ready!!

3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Triples? Did I miss something or are you just sending the vibes that way??

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Just hoping. My pantry is still full, but so is my coupon book. I am scared to use my coupons for fear of a triple day being right around the corner.

5. Anonymous

how often do yall think triples usually come around? anyone know.

for example: you notice it every other month.... :?:

and faye i think my question is 1/2 answered, is it worth it to buy the 2 items off of a coupon that is .40 off both? in your opinion. that would be only .20 an item therefore it will be .40 off each. in doubling. do you use any of these yourself?

I know you are a BUSY BUSY lady right now, so maybe someone can give me insite? for i am new to this and didnt ask when I went to her class.

thanks in advance!

6. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Got my coupons in the mail yesterday!!! YEAH!!! Come on triples!!!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm in triple coupon withdrawal.......Got spoiled because they were running triples at Lowes right after the class, can't wait for it again! I used to check the paper first thing on Sunday mornings, now I just log on here to see and save myslef the trouble! :lol:

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hi T4T,
    The answer to your question about whether to use a coupon for .40 cents off 2 items is a definite, "It depends"! If the item is something we are going to purchase anyway (like cream cheese) and I have a Phili Cream Cheese coupon for 40 off 2 and the product is on sale, then, yes, I will probably use the coupon. In that case the national brand with the sale and the doubled coupon should be less than the store brand cost.

If the item is not something we use or need and I am just going to buy it because I have a coupon, then the item had better be free or close to it! :lol: I would probably not be using a coupon for 40 off 2 unless the price of the item was low, like Tic Tacs for 50 cents each.

I hope that helps!
    Faye

10. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Here is the best scenario. You have a coupon for x amount off of two and the item is BOGO. Then you're getting the double coupon amount off of one item and the other item is free. Gonna be doing that with one coupon today. :D

FYI (everyone)... Food Lion is having a 3 day sale, starting today, on:

Bounty paper towels (8 pack) - normally $7.99, on sale for $4.99
    Charmin bath tissue (select varieties) - normally $7.69, on sale for $4.99
    Tide 200 ounce liquid or 63-80 use powder - normally $13.79, on sale for $8.99
    Downy fabric softener 52-60 ounce (select varieties) - normally $5.99, on sale for $4.99
    Pampers diapers or Easy Ups (jumbo pack) - normally $9.99, on sale for $7.99

11. froggerplus

HG~

Would have posted this to you much earlier but got sidetracked when I was "labelled" :shock: . Soooo, anywho...

Is this a deal for you? At HT, 18-pak cans of MillerLite for $9.99?

Frogger

12. Anonymous

ok, I understand now. thank you faye. just got my first order of coupons.

so now i am really excited. :D

13. froggerplus

Results of the shopping trip...

<disclaimer: I had both DH and Little Bit in tow>

Did grocery shopping at HT, saved abt 22% :(. I swear those two.... :evil: .

Got meds and some Tide, etc at Walgreens, did much better. Tide was a 2-fer deal, matched the price at HT and even with my coupon it was a better deal at Walgreens. I used my coupon too ;-).

'Course, should have waited for today. Target has the Pepsi product FridgePaks 2/$7. That's the cheapest around and $2 less than Walgreens...

Don't let family go shopping with you!

Faye, every time I've used coupons at Walgreens, they throw them away after the transaction. Do they not know they can get some $$ back, or are the cashiers not paying attention?

Frogger

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have a question about Harris Teeter. When they do "buy one, get one free" do they charge 1/2 price if you buy only one (like Lowes does?) or do you have to buy two?

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yes they charge 1/2 ....

16. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

SB are you sure? :wink: I think Faye said they charge 1 at full price then the 2nd one free. But I have known to be wrong before.

Bren

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I stole this from Faye;

BOGO’s (Buy one get one free): Harris Teeter has a true BOGO policy where you must buy one at full price and get the second for free. When you have a coupon for the full price item, you can really get a great deal.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Edited because I couldn't read the reciept! Duh! My apologies to the powers that be at HT, they did ring up for $1 each, thanks NCMOM. Went and found my receipt and there it is in black and white, obviously I can't rely on my memory and I'm only 35............. :oops:

19. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Guess they've changed it since I worked there...it's been a long time since I was in corporate...many years...so I guess it has changed...

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Shopped the HT in Fuquay Sat. night. I only bought 3 Pringles ... my receipt shows $1.39 - $.39 (so I only paid $1 per can) and the used the coupon.