Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for triples, but I am running out of food and I need to stock up and get the house ready for my proceedure.

I can wait only one more week. dang.

uggggghhhhh!

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

T4T, do you subscribe to the Yahoo smartspending chat group? There were some hints today about when triples might be coming out. I think ther is a link on page 72 of this thread that was talking about a coupon swap. You have to register, but I've gotten some great tips there too.

3. Anonymous

I did register and am having problems with the sign up and yahoo.

give me the clues on here.....pretty pleeeeeeeease!!!

4. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Between triples, I try to use my $1 coupons, as they never triple anyway. So I get a little bit of savings (and some needed food) while I wait for the big time.

5. Anonymous

true!

6. Anonymous

so what are the clues as to when triples are?

from the other site? anyone want to post them here? :)

when I go to register on her site, my comp freezes! :evil:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I PM'd you on those in case they are wrong. Did you not get?

Must not have, oh well............

8. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Someone posted on the yahoo that they have a friend who works at Lowe's in Winston. She told the yahoo member that there will probably be triples in early April. I hope that includes our arae as well! :)

Thanks for helping with the HT BOGO clarification, ljk! :)

9. Anonymous

if I give yu my username on yahoo can you add me to your list? (and give you my e-mail?)

trying to get in at yahoo. Having problems actually JOINING the group. cant seem to get that form asking for you to add me to go through.

thanks!
    t4t

10. frugalmomoftwo

PM your e-mail to me and I will send you a different link to try.

Faye

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Just got back from Target at White Oak, they have a ton of gift bags on clearance. They had been $3 & $4, on sale for anywhere from .48 to .98 each. Birthday bags, all occasion, wedding, baby, etc. they were going fast but lots of nice ones left as of about 7:30 PM.

They also had scrapbooking stuff on clearance, looked like the whole aisle if any of you all do that. Looks like fun, but I have no time!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Anybody know who has the best sale on corned beef brisket and cabbage?

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Lowes Foods has it on sale for $1.79 lb and fresh cabbage, 2 for .88 according to the sale ad I got in the mail today. I've never fixed it, but that other thread made it sound good, may have to give it a shot.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Thanks, will have to hit Lowe's Foods

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Food lion has it $1.99 a pound if you arent going towards Lowes....

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I found fresh boneless skinless chicken breast (Sanderson Farms) for $1.49 a pound last night at Lowes Foods in Clayton. This was the price marked on the package, no card required!

17. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Question about pharmacy gift card coupons

Does anyone know if Walgreens accepts competitor coupons at the pharmacy? I know Target and CVS will take them. Thanks!

18. CheerBearNc

CheerBearNc Guest

Walmart will match the price on a lot of things if you bring in ads from other stores. If coke is 79 cents at food lion you can take the ad to walmart and they will give you the coke for 79 cents. I know Walmart will not do that on the meats I think and the Buy one get ones and store brand, but the name brand stuff you can get for the sale price from another store. Happy Shopping :D

19. frugalmomoftwo

Re: Question about pharmacy gift card coupons

Last time I asked, Walgreens would not accept competitors prescription coupons.

Also, there was a post today from someone on the yahoo that Kroger is no longer accepting internet coupons right now, due to the recent fraudulent coupons being circulated.

20. Anonymous

okay you are carrying it a little far. dont do it in this thread. But thanks anyway.
    I had to go to the store yest, only 10 days til surgery and I want to have the house clean and stocked up with groceries. Hopefully I can catch the triples or guess I may have to miss them or go with my new walker( that I have to use for a while) If the triples come in early april I dont know if i will be able to walk that soon, I dont think.

HI FRUGAL :wink: went to ht yest. I dont think I did so well. I only saved 20.00 off of 111.00 :cry: Better than nothing I guess. I am going to keep trying. Harris Teeter made me a little angry yest. I had 20 coupons and the girl says "mam you have to many coupons the register says" I said and she counted with me 16 at that point. took a manager to get it right. ughhhhh. anyway,

question. I had a coupon for zip loc baggies and there was a coupon stuck on the box to save .35 now (one of those deals)

can both be used? they said no..I couldnt figure out why? just wondering if you know if this is correct?