Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've got a question. When lowes foods puts in store coupons in their sales add...can we use that and a manufacturers coupon at the same time?

Also, with the 10% coupon in this weeks flyer...can we use that as long as we have $50 spent before we give them our coupons?

On a side note...I went to HT yesterday and spent $48 before coupons and walked out of there only spending $20...so I saved almost 60%.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The answer to your first question is yes.

I don't know the answer to your second question.

I wanna come Saturday too! If I can at all arrange it, I'll be there, but somehow I don't see that happening, lol.

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Thanks Jenn...another question. Can I wait until they have rang everything up so my total will be higher...before I give them my lowes foods card for the 10% off (to make sure I get up to $50)?

Also, at Food Lion when they have 5 for $5 items...do I have to buy 5 to get them at $1 each? Did you guys see their add this week cereals 5 for $5?

Thanks!

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

With 10 for 10 Food Lion doesnt make you get 10.. so I am assuming the same with the cereal.

Lowes foods usually makes you scan card first....

Wish I could go to the swap, but ends up we have a big adot a thon on Sat, so I will be at the shelter.... Have fun.

5. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

SB, ljk is right - they usually ask for the Lowe's card before ringing any store coupons. Certainly you can try. I would definitely give them the 10% off coupon before you give them your manufacturer's coupon. Great job with yoru HT savings!

AL - Don't you just LOVE rainchecks??!!

And Jen and Frog, I'll be happy to bring you all the leftover coupons nobody wants! :wink: 8)

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Food lion sale update.... :lol:

I just got back... there are several of the 5/$5 and they are mix and match so everything just rings up as a dollar. The cereal is limited to about 5 kinds. it lists them in the flyer.

I used some of my coupons on things that were on sale, and now I am having anxiety that triples are right around the corner and I wasted coupons at FACE VALUE!!! Uggg the stress! :lol:

Also I had gotten a $3.00 of coupon in the mail, the item was on sale for $2.00 but the register took the whole amount off. So that was fun! But the cashier was on the ball and noticed one of my $1.00 coupons was expired (not intentional on my part) I wish I had to guts to ask for that item to be taken off, but I didn't. :?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

i used my dollar coupons at food lion. check this out.

before coupons:228.85
    after coupons:109.05

not to shabby for foodlion.

I have 22 milk coupons that i would be willing to get rid of. They expire on april 18th. cant drink that much in that short of time. Takes 6 for a free gallon of milk. I will keep 6 and give 16.

faye,
    I would love to give them to ya, but for some reason i dont feel comfortable going on saturday. ( People dont seem to like me) but its all good. just for all the help you have given me. just a token of thanks if you want them. I live like a mile from bojangles if you want to stop by and pick them up.

i can give you my # and address. If for some reason i am not home i can leave them in the mailbox. :wink:

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What brand of Milk Coupons do you have?

9. Anonymous

for any gallon of milk. i guess food lion brand? I just pick it up i dont really look.

its good milk. to me anyway. :wink:

10. harleygirl

So if I am reading this corectly, you have to buy 6 gallons to get one free? Dern, that's a lot.

11. Anonymous

it is, but my friends dont use theirs (coupons) so they give them to me.

12. harleygirl

Ahhh.... I'll be more than happy to take some off you hands then. DH goes thru about 2 gallons a week. Must be why he has such strong bones/muscles :lol: :p :oops:

Bring them Saturday with you.

13. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Harely, the way it works is every time you buy a gallon of FD milk (whole, 2%, Skim), you get a milk ticket, you don't have to buy 6 at a time. It works out great for us because we go through a lot of milk in our home. It's nice too if your grocery money is dwindling, you can use your milk tickets to get some free milk. :)

14. harleygirl

See I don't shop at FL anymore. Faye said they sucked LOL!! Not really, but most things I buy I can use a double coupon for at LF. Is FL Skim milk cheaper than LF at 3.99/gallon? :shock:

15. Anonymous

i dont go to foodlion any more since faye. i go to lowes food. but due to surgery i had to make a foodlion trip to stock up, someone said to usee the dollar coupons in between triples. I did and it wasnt to bad. the dollar coupons cant be doubled or tripled. didnt want them to go to waste...hehe

16. MissyPrissy

I wouldn't shop at FL either if there was another grocery store closer, but Lowes is way too far away from me. :( I am not a big fan of FL, but it's only 10 mins. from me, so I guess I'm paying for the convience. :?

17. walloon

walloon Well-Known Member

10% off total purchase coupon in todays lowes food ad

hope this helps, just got mine with the clayton paper in the mail.

18. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Review for me, why is Food Lion a bad place to shop?

Lowe's is my first choice, but FL is second (mostly because it is close - and gasoline is becoming a larger expense).

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't shop there much only because they do not double coupons, and because I find that their prices are somewhat higher than other places but I am not above taking advantage of their loss leaders! :lol:

20. MissyPrissy

Personally, I just think FL is over priced. For example; there is a frozen pizza my kids like. FL charges $1.98 each, at Walmart, they are nly 98 cents each! Big difference. That is only one of the many items they charge way more for.