Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I just shop FL for non meat sales items...that are really good deals like the cereal, etc. :)

I will only buy my meat from HT or LF. I try to buy only sale items and then use my coupons and sometimes I go to Walmart for the diet rites because they are always .99 and in the grocery stores they are like 1.60 and are never on sale.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

food lion has good prices on some stuff and not others, like any other store. nothing wrong with food lion. anything food lion brand is actually good, and cheaper. before i met faye this is what i did. i will still go to foodlion between triples and to use my 1.00 coupons.

havent seen any store beat this yet. scott toilet paper on sale for 3.99 for the 12 pack. this was a few weeks ago at foodlion. so you just have to keep your eye on things.

foodlion is good to. and a mile from the house for things i dont want to go to clayton for.

we need a lowes food here at 4042. wouldnt that be COOL? or a walmart!

does anyone remember when foodlion was foodtown? how about the big star? remember them? my first job was at big star :shock: or piggly wiggly..lol sorry i just went back in time.. :wink:

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Not another WalMart. I can be to 5 of them in less than 30 min. How many do we need :?:

4. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Agree with you there, nc :? .

Got the midweeks. Lowes is having a pretty neat sale.

Also, went to Kohl's last night. Cashed in on the last day of the whole buy xxx amt get xxx amt back. Have a coupon now to spend by April 2nd. Can't wait!!

Frogger

5. Anonymous

would a targer suit you better.

edited to correct my accident.

you mean you havent heard of that new store "targer"? girl, i thought everyone knew!!!..lol

TARGET :lol: better? :lol:

:wink: :wink:

6. froggerplus

^^^What's a targer??

HT or a Wellspring/Fresh Market type would suit me just fine. All the rest I don't care to see. We have too many big boxes in the area anyway.

Frogger

7. Anonymous

can you check my corrections where my finger slipped, pleeaseee :wink:

8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I agree..I live 7 minutes from White Oak and about 12 from Walmart and that is close enough. Would love to see a HT go in at white oak..when they build that mall :wink:

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Oo... that'd be wonderful!

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I will NOT be able to make it on Saturday for the coupon swap.

I have all my coupons cut out and ready to go for someone to have. If you want them let me know. I will be away from the computer for a while so just leave me a pm.

HG out...

11. froggerplus

Bummer, Harley!

Pm'ed ya.

8) Frogger

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

IT WORKED!!!!

I'm so excited, just thawed out the first of the milk that I froze, it is just fine and it was the whole milk. No difference in taste or texture what so ever! Awesome Faye, thanks for the tip, this is huge for us.

Dawn

13. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Cool, glad to actually know someone that has done this. I've heard of it, but haven't tried it yet. Now I will. :)

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Faye had said it would work, I just had never done it. But since I had gotten several half gallons of milk for $1.00 each, I wasn't going to be out a whole lot if it didn't work for me. I have bad luck so I was scared to try!

Faye, I fully expect to see you on the national TV talk show circuit in the near future! I can't say enough about how informational and helpful you have been. I've only been working a very limited part-time job now for nearly 9 monthes and was considering looking for another full time postion, but now, I probably won't have to thanks to the money we are saving. So, thank you again!

Dawn

15. froggerplus

Well, went to Lowes today to take advantage off the 10% of your order coupon that ended today. Total was about $174, paid about $93. I'm getting better!!

A woman stopped me in the store, Faye, and said she'd seen the news story. Asked me all kinds of questions and now I'm out of your business cards again, lol. Told her to go to the website, check out the yahoogroup, and that the book really helps. Little plug for ya;-).

Got a q for Lowes shoppers. Have you had a problem with your Lowes card? The last 2 trips I made (in Clayton), I gave them my card after the total order was wrung up...and it wouldn't register it. They had to void the order, scan my card first, then re-ring everything :shock: . Anyone else having a problem?

BTW, went to FL cust apprec today. We registered for some stuff and got a hot dog. If you have a LOL coupon for butter it's cheaper there (a little) than if you double it at Lowes. I'll be stopping by FL for my butter on the way home fr work!

Frogger

16. meanreen

meanreen Well-Known Member

food Lion Name

I thought Food Lion had always been Food Lion When was it Food Town?

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Food Lion and Food Town are separate chains, to my knowledge, they are not affiliated with each other in any way. Back home in Tennesse and Virginia, there are also Food City stores, I miss their bakery! :)

18. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Isn't that a nice little bit of info to know, Dawn? I have been freezing milk for years when I find a great deal. Thanks so much for the kind words. I am thrilled that the techniques are working so well for you!!

To my little green hopping friend - thanks for the little plug with the woman in the grocery store! I can use all the marketing help I can get. I am not a skilled marketer so I am grateful for the assistance!

Milk is $2.79 a gallon at Walgreens this week. There are also a ton of Free after rebate items in this weeks flyer!

19. Anonymous

getting ready to thaw out my milk. good to know it is the same.

20. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Re: food Lion Name

Food Lion, the chain, was called Food Town, but the name changed many moons ago. I don't remember exactly when, but I think it was before I started high school in 1981.

Look what I found by googling "food lion history"...

:)