Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You learn something new everday!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

t4t wrote:
    does anyone remember when foodlion was foodtown? how about the big star? remember them? my first job was at big star or piggly wiggly..lol sorry i just went back in time..

did you just not believe me? lol :wink: been around these parts a loooong time. :wink:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Frogger, I will come by today with 3 weeks worth of cut out coupons.

Later tater :wink:

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Okay, I bought a ton of groceries last week....It sounds like I spent a ton of money even after the savings, but I'm stocking up on staples so I won't have to buy a lot of stuff for a long time :) Also with LF in store coupons last week and my manufacture coupons I got a ton of white rain shampoo and condition for FREE! I also ask for my first rain check from HT yesterday!

FL spent $46.02 after coupons/card $27.93 savings 40%
    LF spent $139.79 after coupons/card $83.28 savings 40%
    HT spent $148.72 after coupons/card $80.28 savings 46%
    Kroger (don't know if I'll go back to Kroger or not-found they are higher priced and the deals are not that good) spent $76.43 after coupons/card $50.24 only 35% savings

Total spent $410.96 after coupons/cards $241.68 total savings 41%. I hope I continue to get better. I'm in the process of making me a binder so I'm hoping that will help and Faye, I finally read your book!

A couple of things I learned last week (my first real week of hitting all the competitors and 'cherry picking' their sales items). HT and LF offer me the best deals with my coupons combined with their card savings. FL offers a good deal on their mvp card savings matched with $1.00 coupons and their cereal was a great buy! Kroger...didn't care for the store or the prices.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

SB, you are doing great! I think Kroger is a little high too, but I usually only get their loss leaders. They have interesting store coupons that print out at the register, I got a free bouquet of flowers last week, :lol:

Faye, how do you thaw out your milk once you need it? I'm finding mine is not thawing as fast as we drink it, my son is objecting to ice crystals in his cereal. :lol: I've just been putting in in the fridge but it's taking forever. Thanks!!

Dawn

6. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Just tell him its a cereal smoothie! :lol:

Actually, when it still has ice crystals, you can pour out about 2 cups worth the night before and put in a cup or tupperware container. It should be thawed by the next morning. Or, you can pour the milk into the cereal bowl about 5-10 minutes before pouring in the cereal and the ice crystals should be thawed by then.

SB - great job at the store! You sure did stock up on alot. About Kroger - like kdc said - the best buys there are the loss leaders. You get them and get out. I rarely do a big shop there but they have great buys on the 10 for $10 sales when they are coupled with coupons. They also have good buys on produce every week. The Kroger in Garner is not the cleanest or friendliest. The Kroger in Cary on 64 is much nicer and the employees are very nice. I prefer that one.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks Faye!

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I shopped at Lowe's & FL last Friday. Spent $61 @ Lowe's, saved $51. Spent $123 @ FL, saved $85. Not too bad, especially since I had not shopped in two weeks! :D

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Ready that's awesome! A couple more weeks of stocking up on sales items with my coupons and I'll be set for a couple of months :) I told my dh I needed another freezer in the garage, because the two I've got are full...so I can have one dedicated to just meat :)

I'm just sitting around waiting for triple coupons so I can wipe LF out :)

10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I will be right behind you SB. We are scraping the cabinets b/c I refuse to go grocery shopping until triples...I have too many good coupons just WAITING!!

11. harleygirl

Please don't tell me we have to fight over things in LF when triples do come. That would be a 4042 time to remember :lol: :lol:

Oh and don't pull my hair, my sister used to when I was little and it doesn't phase me anymore. :lol:

12. MamaApe

Don't worry Harley, I am more of a "take my shoe off and hit you with it" kinda girl...J/K

I SEARCHED the Lowes ad that came today just knowing it was gonna say TRIPLES! But of course no luck!! I hope it comes soon before my coupons start to expire or I will be scrambling to find deals!

13. harleygirl

WATCH OUT FOR FLYING SHOES!! lmao!!!! :lol:

I bought coupons that expire on 3/31 (a lot of them) and am SURE triples will be next week sometime after my coupons expire :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I am so stocked on coupons I am going to have to go in around 9-10 times!! I dont know how I will pull that off with kids, but....

Dont worry about shoes, or hair, I just run over people with shopping carts! :lol:

15. harleygirl

Oh geesh, now I have to watch out for carts zooming at me? Awesome!!!

I'll just shoot you for the last freaking Land O Lakes Creamer!!! Ya'll know THAT"S MINE!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Kidding, do not take that as a threat that I would actually shoot someone for the last land o lakes creamer :lol: :lol:

16. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I only use coffee mate, so we are safe. (whew)

I have accidently ordered tooo many White House apple juice coupons. :oops: .75/1 good coupons, great doubled, excellent tripled... if anyone would like a few let me know.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

^^That was a great coupon, but my husband has threatened me if I bring home any more apple juice, LOL. I ordered those too, I have about 5 bottles floating around here, my son used to drink it all the time, but of course he's slacked off now that I have it coming out my ears! :lol:

18. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

lol I ordered the same ones!! Got plenty but thanks.

Bren

19. MamaApe

I would love to have the applejuice coupons..Meet me at LF, I will be the one barefoot running from Harley.

J/k I really would love to have the coupons though..when do they expire and what could I trade you for?

20. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

They dont expire until 5-31, but I ordered them three times total. (forgot I already got them!!) Duh....

I live near where Kaci works... you around there at all? If not, I can mail them.