Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

come on triples, I am ready now. I can drive one of those carts around...i bet the shelves will be bare as soon as it starts. or will it? do all the coupon items empty out fast?

2. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Went to Kroger's on my way home today. Hit some good ones.

They had a special on lean pockets and breakfast stuff...and I had a coupon. Got the milk special and froze a gallon. Got dog food with a coupon :shock: . Got Kroger butter, less than 1/2 what I usually pay. Got some veggies on sale too. Did pretty good :)

Frogger

3. Anonymous

well, guess we will see tomorrow if its triples this week or not.. 8)

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

please please please....

5. Anonymous

well, no triples, unless HT is having them.

this isnt fun waiting anymore.... :?

6. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

As fun as triples are, you can't live on triples alone. It is still lots of fun to get awesome buys with doubling and even at places that don't double.

I went to Wal Mart last Thursday and brought home $50 worth of razors (with coupons of course) , toothbrushes (coupons again), flashlights, tomatoes, pita bread for 13 cents. I used a $10 gift card I received as a gift and coupons for the rest. So, it can be just as fun to coupon shop even when there are no triples!

At HT last week I purchased $49 for $11. Another fun (and beneficial) shop!

I just don't want you to starve waiting for triples, T4T! I hope you are feeling a little better since the surgery. :)

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I have left over coupons from today's paper if any one is interested in them.

8. froggerplus

<waving>

Me Me!! They've messed up my delivery. Seems I was dropped, so they won't have me "back in the system" until next week :evil: .

Gonna order this week too. Need anything, Harley?

Frogger

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

All yours sweetie. :D

I don't think I need anything right this moment. Thanks tho :wink:

I should be getting mom's leftovers this week. She has about 4 weeks worth saved up just for little ole me. :p

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got a nice little magazine from Unilever products this week called "homebasics" I can't for the life of me remember when I signed up for it, but apparently I did because they've got my name right, LOL. Anyway there are some great coupons in there for Country Crock, Ragu, Dove, Wishbone, Lipton Sides, Suave, Lipton Tea, Lever Soap, Vaseline Lotions, Caress Lotion & Soap. Total $ value was $16 worth of coupons.

The website is http://www.homebasics.com/index.cfm, they also have some contests going on. Might be worth signing up for to get these coupons, apparently the magazine comes out quarterly.

yes, some of you have seen this before........... :lol:

11. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

My elderly mother used to spend hours cutting coupons to mail to me. As her dementia advanced, she could do less and less. Cutting coupons was something that made her feel productive. I never used the coupons - just tossed them. A few years ago, Mum died. And I so very much miss her and her bundles of coupons. :cry:

12. frugalmomoftwo

Just think how proud of you she is now that you are diligently cutting your own coupons and thinking of her. :)

13. Animal lover

Thank you Faye. I needed that.

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My mom also died a few years ago. She used to send me coupons too... I used to throw them away. I never used coupons, and wasn't too sure why she would send them, but always thanked her anyway. Now I have a college daughter and I am always thinking of her when I see coupons for things she uses. I know she wouldnt use them, but maybe some day.... what a circle life is!! :lol:

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

AL, are you British? :wink:

16. froggerplus

Thank you! Your mom is the sweetie...you'll have a bundle stored just in case that "T" word happens :).

Frogger

17. froggerplus

Faye~

I admit it...I'm a coupon junky! Wanna know how I know? Welll.....

Took my car to be worked on yesterday. Dropped it off. Gotta call mid-afternoon. I've shot the engine (WORD TO ALL GIRLIES...REGULAR AUTOMOBILE MAINTENANCE INCLUDES REGULAR OIL CHANGES). Have to have a new one, so he's keeping my car & I'm driving a loaner for a week.

Today I thought about making my shopping list for the week. Really need some groceries. Well, one glance to its normal resting place and my heart siezed up. My binder's in my car! Oh no!!! What happens if I stop to "run in" a store? I won't have my coupons!

Rest assured, I'll be stopping by to take a peek in the trunk this week. Then all will be well...I'll have my Precious with me ;-).

Frogger

18. Animal lover

Sharp eyes there, R2CMK. No, I was born and raised in the States, but the maternal side of my family is English. My mother and her siblings and their spouses called my grandmother Mum. I can't remember when I started using the term for my own mother - came on naturally. My father's side is Italian and I called him Daddy into my adulthood, until the day he died. Miss him very much too.

19. frugalmomoftwo

My condolences regarding your vehicle. You'll need those coupons to pay for that new engine!

Now repeat fter me: " My name is Frogger and I am a couponoholic....."
    The best part about this addiction is that you are expected to indulge in it regularly as long as you follow the rules and stay within your budget!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Faye, will you start a support group for us? I think we are all in withdrawals from no triple coupons, we got spoiled!

Here is more evidence I am taking the coupon thing too far, my son informed me this afternoon that chocolate popsicles for snack at school are 10 cents cheaper than the pudding he had been getting, so from now on he was planning to get the popsicle to save the 10 cents, then he says "kinda like a coupon" Getting him started early, he's only 6!!