Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

^^^Gas sux!!

Kaci, coming my way after work??

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Will have to let ya know, supposed to have a ball game if not rained out. Thanks

3. froggerplus

Well, there's a stack sitting on my desk....You or Jen, whomever gets here first!

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I want them!!!

5. froggerplus

Sorry Kaci, Jen spoke up.

Jen can you swing by tonite after work? My desk is quite the shambles!!

Frogger

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That's ok, i got the last batch :D

7. froggerplus

^^^Ain't that the truth! Finished cutting them out yet?

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Nope but the grandkids are coming over Sat - good job for them to help me finish :lol:

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

WOW! Great job, SB! You saved a bunch of $$! ( I sound like a Geico commercial )

For those of you who are are coming to the Strawberry Festival on Saturday, please come by my little 'ole booth and say hello. I'd love to see some familiar faces and you can register to win the basket of goodies I am giving away.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Will do! Planning on bringing the "little man" may have to get up the nerve for the balloon ride, I'm afraid of heights though! :lol:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hope some of you guys got the Food Saver on sale. Used it last night, it is awesome. You can use it for fresh fruits, veggies and everything to keep them fresh so much longer too.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have one of those except it is an "off-brand" they are great for storing stuff.

Do any of you use Southern Foods? I have used them twice in the past year, pretty happy with the quality of the meats, but it is a bit expensive. I was using them prior to the whole couponing thing, extremely convenient, but you pay for that convenince. I'm thinking I will be better off buying on sale and using my food saver thing.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep, that is my current thinking - stock up when on sale and use that Food Saver, even with the cost of the bags it still saves so much.

For those asking, the Food Saver will be on sale through Saturday.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Boo Hoo!! Crying in my coffee this morning because of no triples again. There is a 10% off your order of $50 or more with your Lowe's rewards card and the coupon from page 28A of the News and Observer. At least it's something................... :)

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have a question for you coupon queens . . . how much time do you spend each week on the whole couponing thing. I really want to get involved but I'm not sure I have the time to dedicate to it. I know . . . time spent is money saved but I am very active in church and it seems like I'm always doing something there after work.

Thanks for sharing!

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've been doing this seriously for about 3 months, I probably spend about an hour and a half a week on it, but that includes clipping, filing and going over the sale ads. Does not include actual shopping time, which you have to do anyway. I usually do it while watching TV, so it really doesn't detract from anything elce I can be doing. It is well worth every minute, think of it as "free" money, I'm averaging at least 50% savings on my groceries, sometimes more. It's made a huge difference in my checkbook, let me tell ya! :D Faye's class can probably help you out, organization is the key!

17. froggerplus

Michelle~

Good question!

I actually have an update. After much badgering by my family, and a gentle push from Faye Saturday, we went by the shop where my car is and picked up my binder. It was like reuniting with a lost friend!!

Today, it took me from 2:00 until 5:45 to put all of my coupons from the past 4 weeks (plus the ones I ordered) into my binder, take out the expireds and put them in an envelope for overseas, go shopping and come home.

HT shopping trip...still saved about 38% (a little over $100). Seems to be my average. I was after a lot of non-coupon items. For the first time, I had to decide on what my 20 coupons would be!! I got HD ice cream for about $1.29, Uncle Ben's rice for an average of $.50 each, did a few of the 10/$10's, got bread for $1 off each, and loaded up on chicken!

Faye, I tried to call you to see if there was a limit on the BOGO chicken :oops: :lol: :lol: . The manager said she hadn't heard of one and I just about cleaned them out! My dog is on a chix/rice diet for the time being and I need a lot of chicken!

Usually, it takes me about an hour a week to do my coupons and look at the flyers. I do all my coupon cutting/organizing when I'm watching a show I DVR every week. By the end of the show I'm usually done and fixated on the TV. I don't shop every week, but will run out for a good deal. I usually do one big shop a month (like the one above), and fill-ins for milk, fruit, etc.

Hope that helps!
    Frogger

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks I have not had time to open the paper yet... maybe later on today.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

good to see you on saturday at the festival. you looked busy! you are going to be famous! 8) thanks for all the goodies!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I had a couple of good shops on Sunday. Took advantage of the Lowe's coupon for 10% off, total before coupons and rewards card was $68.55, paid $34.60, (50% savings) did a little better at Kroger, total before coupons and card, $49.51, paid $22.07(56% savings). Their milk is .99 cents for a half gallon, limit of three, but that is a great deal! I also got lots of stuff from Walgreens, a package of GoTarts (on sale 2 for $4 less .75 cent coupon), Skintimate Shaving Cream (store & mfg coupon), 2 of the large Cadbury candy bars (store coupon) and a package of Cottonelle 4 double roll tissue (store coupon & mfg coupon), plus two extra N & O Sunday papers. All for $9.69, but I paid with my Walgreens rebate gift card from last month, so it was effectively FREE to me! I also got some free Colgate toothbrushes with coupons at Walmart today, and $5 off a Venus razor. So all in all, I have saved $92 in two days, not too bad!

I think the most fun I had was when I noticed the lady behind me in line had the exact same Venus razor I had picked up and I gave her another of the $5 coupons, she was tickled, it made my day.