Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

For those of you who enjoy statistics, the percentage rate of asymptomatic, vaccinated spreaders is 0.01%. And as the NIH director says in the clip above, it is very “rare”. Contrast this fact with some states where the unvaccinated rate is a whopping 40%, and it’s obvious that the vaccination rates need to be increased if we are to stop this virus in its tracks. So, I’m not sure why the focus is on 0.01%, when the unvaccinated rate is far too high and poses much more of a threat.

pcroom and Wayne Stollings like this.
  2. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

To be honest, after listening to the entirety of the interview, Dr. Collins was clearly a very adamant advocate of vaccinations. His very last words were "get vaccinated, people!". Your synopsis seemed to indicate the opposite, and appeared to distort his overall message.

Feel free to tell me if you think I'm being inaccurate about Dr. Collin's intentions here.

DWK likes this.
  3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

How can you possibly know that? If they are asymptomatic, they wouldn't have any reason to get tested. If they aren't tested, they are not counted.

I do think they still want to get everyone vaccinated, and everyone to wear a mask. But it doesn't go against the fact that vaccinated people can still spread the virus just as easily.

4. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Yeah...that's what I heard as well. Thanks for the confirmation.

Again, that's a pretty strong case for strengthening both the "carrots and sticks" to promote vaccinations.

The only answer to the threat of more asymptomatic carriers is a more comprehensively vaccinated population.

If you've got a better idea, I'm listening.

pcroom, DWK and Wayne Stollings like this.
  5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

If they are associated with an outbreak they would be tested, which is how most are discovered at this point. If there is no outbreak the vaccine is doing the job it was designed to perform.

It does not deal with the facts surrounding the spread by unvaccinated or the deaths associated with the unvaccinated. Death prevention is a primary goal and with that the potential spread is also limited. It may not be eliminated, but I think that horse has already left the barn with all of the push back by the GOP on measures to contain the virus before mutations spread here.

DWK likes this.
  6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Try to focus on the most pertinent statistics. 0.01% asymptomatic spread in vaccinated individuals (and they still don’t know why), versus a huge swath of Americans throwing caution to the wind all because they are listening to sensational disinformation, whose purpose it is to make money.
    No, “vaccinated people do not spread the virus just as easily”. This is a disinformation talking point whose main purpose is to make a lot of money for some people, but will hospitalize and kill those who believe in it. Get vaccinated. It’s the only defense that you will have against this highly contagious Delta variant. And if you’re too proud to get it, or feel that you are being “disloyal”, there are places where you can get the vaccination incognito, and no one needs to know. Do it for yourself and your children, but do it before it’s too late.

pcroom and Wayne Stollings like this.
  7. jesse82nc

What if you feel like you have an immune system that can fight it like the 99.5% of people under 65 that did?

markfnc likes this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

Belief is not knowledge. That belief system rather than a science system is what got us into this position in the first place.

Johnston County just pushed to make masks optional for schools based on this flawed belief system. I just hope we do not see an increase in deaths of school age children as a result.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    DWK and pcroom like this.
  9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

That arrogant belief system is like playing Russian Roulette, and as far as this new Delta variant goes, there are more younger patients in hospitals fighting Covid right now in the Southern hot spots than there was anywhere last year. Your “immune system” may not be nowhere near as “strong” as you think it is, and if this virus is allowed to mutate, it will evolve to take down even those with so-called “healthy” immune systems. But like playing a game of Russian Roulette, you won’t find out just how flawed your immune system is until you get infected, just like you won’t find out if that chamber contained a bullet until it was far too late. But thank you for finally admitting the real devious purpose of your original post.

10. jesse82nc

What belief? It is science and CDC data. There have been 24,299,576 cases among those 64 and under, of those 124,272 have died. That is a 0.5% death rate. So 99.5% have survived.

Further than that, more than half of the 0.5% that did die, were obese, had diabetes, or high blood pressure. Another quarter had some other preexisting condition. So if you are healthy and no preexisting conditions, you have a survival rate of about 99.85%.

Among those people, if you have a very strong immune system, as in you can be regularly around pretty sick people (flu like symptoms for weeks) over the course of several decades and get nothing more than a sore throat for a day or two. Then you are probably even lower risk.

markfnc likes this.
  11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

There you go again….thinking that you’re safe couched in mathematical statistics. It’s a game of Russian Roulette, whether a person contracts this virus or not. You may not die from it, but I can think of a million ways to spend money, rather than spending money on an expensive hospital stay in an ICU, especially since there is a vaccine available. And insurance doesn’t cover everything, and more rural people do not have the kind of insurance that you currently enjoy at your high-tech workplace. And furthermore, if this virus is allowed to evolve into more contagious and deadlier forms, your chances of infection will likely increase. So, why allow that to happen? Why take a risk and play Russian Roulette with your life, or someone else’s? And more importantly, why would YOU even come on here to dissuade people from getting the vaccine? I’ve seen you on the internet, honey, and except for the love that you appear to lavish on your dogs, you are ONE COLD FISH, that’s for sure. So, if you can’t muster any decent humanity in yourself, which you most certainly cannot, go on and stick to your highway maps. Fortunately, many vaccine-resistant areas in the South are now getting the vaccine. Better late, than never, and no thanks to folks like you!

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Watch out Jesse ,, the mental patient sees you all over the internet. LOFL

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Oh, I’ve seen him all right. Nose up in the air like he’s “God’s gift” - a “gift” that sorely needs returning, in my opinion. The South is currently poised to take the brunt of this new, more contagious, Delta variant, and he has no business aggressively spreading disinformation on here like he’s been doing for months, and trying to dissuade local people from protecting themselves and their families by getting the vaccine. Apparently, over 14,000 North Carolinian Covid deaths don’t phase this fellow much, but I’m not too surprised. Even many of the formerly vaccine-resistant, news outlets are changing their tune, but not him. In fact, you’d almost think that he has deep investments in the funeral industry, since he’s so dead-set against anybody getting the vaccine. But short of staying holed-up in your house forever, which nobody wants to do, the vaccine is currently the only proven method of stopping transmission. It may not be perfect, but it’s all that we have in our arsenal right now, to combat this deadly virus. I’d rather take the sound advice of medical professionals, rather than put my trust and faith in some amateur statistician who thinks he has all the answers.

14. BuzzMyMonkey

As usual you go off on “rants” here saying stuff and lying about things that aren’t true you have blatantly went after other posters questioning and demeaning them because they don’t think just like you think they should,
    You are nothing more than a blabbering hypocrite.

15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Well, the truth hurts, I suppose, but what is truly “demeaning” are the posters on here trying very hard to dissuade readers in getting the vaccine. There is no discernible, or logical reason why these posters continue to spend their time doing just that on here, when there is a vaccine available that will prevent this deadly virus and save lives. Perhaps another inconvenient truth is that there are unfortunately, some among us who just get a “vicarious thrill” from watching a “car crash” in slow-motion, while cheering it on - as long as it’s not them who is doing the crashing. Sick, but that’s what and who they are, especially if we’ve already had more than 600,000 American deaths, have a vaccine to prevent even more deaths, yet these cretins continue to irresponsibly and arrogantly advocate disinformation on here. Because of that, they deserve ALL the derision and humiliation that I can dish out. And I’ll continue to dish it out since it’s people like these posters who had my brother-in-law locked into their twisted bass-ackwards thinking until he finally woke up and got vaccinated. And thank God for that.

16. Wayne Stollings

What exactly is the scientific basis for this "probably even lower risk" other than that belief? You do realize that you have conflated the initial Covid-19 virus with the variants which act far differently than that now. Please provide the specific data on the "strong immune system" survival for the variants and how you objectively quantify the strength of the immune system in relation to the Covid-19 variants ... other than just assume your belief is valid.

17. Wayne Stollings

What you said applies to you ....

18. Wayne Stollings

[​IMG]

Cuomo Prime Time
    @CuomoPrimeTime

·
    Jul 30

"if you're not vaccinated and if you have not had Covid...you're going to get the Delta variant," says the testing czar for former Pres. Trump. "On average, one person will transmit this to nine people, unlike the original virus, which got transmitted to two or three," he adds.

GIROIR: “The message I would say is, if you are not vaccinated and if you have not had COVID before, you’re going to get the delta variant. On average, one person will transmit this to nine people, unlike the original virus, which got transmitted to two or three. It’s about as contagious as chickenpox, and we see what happened even among vaccinated people. And let me just say, I’m very concerned about those with natural immunity. Natural immunity is real, it provides protection, but there’s more and more accumulating evidence that that immunity wanes and it’s not so good against delta, so I’m very concerned and I do support the recommendations that even if you had COVID you need to get vaccinated as well.”

19. jesse82nc

I never once said I was against others getting the vaccine. If you are high risk, you should absolutely get the vaccine so that it reduces the severity of the symptoms you get when you get covid. Everyone has their own right to evaluate their own conditions and determine what is right for them. Typically discussing this with their doctor to determine what is best.

markfnc and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  20. BuzzMyMonkey

Keep blabbering you lunatic D F.