Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Masks, social distancing, and the other method of mitigation ... you know, the ones you want to say do not work but they do.

DWK likes this.
  2. Wayne Stollings

KEY POINTS CONCERNING THE COVID 19 VACCINES FROM THE START:
    • Fully vaccinated people are still getting infected with Covid, though to a much lesser extent than unvaccinated people.
    • No Covid vaccine is 100% effective but immunization greatly reduces the risk of hospitalization and death.
    • Variants have posed a challenge to the effectiveness of Covid vaccines but whether booster shots will be needed is still unknown.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

So, while you have been an “anti-mask” advocate on here for many months Jesse, because….. of your “freedom” concerns, this article that you are quoting from is advocating the opposite by encouraging folks to wear a mask, even those who are already vaccinated.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Hught and Wayne Stollings like this.
  4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

While I commend you for quoting from a reputable source like John Hopkins, and not a debunked YouTuber, and other conspiracy-related websites, you’re doing the same thing here by not understanding the gist of this article in its entirety, which seems to contradict your “anti-vaccine”, “anti-mask” stance: 907A2BA6-61A0-4F37-8DD3-8DB427D3ED78.jpeg 3538180F-E7D6-427D-9E67-AC7A6F3D950D.jpeg

5. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

You may not kill me, but if you're gonna give it to me, then I can give it to someone else who is unvaxed and continue the madness.

Stopping the spread stops the virus. You anti-vaxxers are the reason the viral load is 1000x what it was under Alpha. Vaccines help and in fact worked well prior to delta. Masks work - and prior to delta, non-N95 masks worked fine. You are the reason we all need a 2nd dose 8 months later. You are the reason I have to wear a mask to my haircut tomorrow and NOT get a beard trim (after having to deal with that crap for TWELVE months).

If everyone had worn a mask in 2020, and gotten vaxxed in Q1 and Q2 2021, we wouldn't be headed in reverse. But Trumpers (I mean conservatives) always like to go back in time to live in the good ol days! (lynchings, holocaust, gay persecution, acceptance of spousal rape - you know, back when America was "great")

So I guess going back to mask mandates and me not being able to get a GD beard trim because I've got to wear a mask is part of making America what it used to be. Thanks a lot!

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

What a stupid idiotic lying post. Seriously??
    To blatantly lie and say Conservatives wants lynchings, Holocaust, gay persecution and spousal rape !!! You and the likes of you is a good reason this Country is so divisive and going to hell in a hand basket. You are a nothing more than a utter disgrace. This thread has clearly run its course into the sewer with the help of your ignorance.
    Hopefully this thread ends up where you have taken it. Completely uncalled for here. So we have 2 here that has been a big factor in turning this thread into the Pit. Well done dwk & lawnloser.

7. lawnboy

Well I sure don't see anyone else other than 3 people on here trying to progress forward under SCIENCE. So yes, absolutely, going against modern science and undertaking - or not undertaking - actions that makes us go backward as a society is right on the list of "past failures" that "made America great" apparently.

It doesn't take MY POST (although thank you kindly for making me feel so important) to look at the data and know that it is an EXTREME majority of anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers, and science deniers who are Trump republicans. And they support all that stuff, clearly. About 38-43% of society. They had no problem with any of that. Just look at who makes up the rallies. And they are the same people making us revert to LAST YEAR (the good ol days!) of forced-masking and lockdowns due to their predilections.

Not quite sure how there is anything lying or idiotic - but it sure touched a nerve, and I'll leave it at that - laid bare.

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’ve been on here long enough to know that when a poster has made a valid point, touched a raw nerve, or revealed an undeniable truth, Buzz will immediately jump on here with his inane comments which don’t add up to a hill of beans. So, if Buzz has jumped on after you’ve posted something, he obviously feels threatened by you. He’s just a troll who spends his time negating everything, and that’s about it.

lawnboy and Wayne Stollings like this.
  9. lawnboy

My belief is that society as a whole WANTS to move forward, and become BETTER. The old adage is "you can't stop progress." Well, I believe that. Believe me, there are some things I don't want to see change. But if it's for the betterment of society and mankind, I am willing to put my personal preference aside.

Eventually, the Neanderthal views of some people on COVID will dissipate and these types of beliefs will be relegated to the shadows, much like they had been for the last 50 years. If this had happened 30 years ago, you would not see these people so anti-vax and anti-mask, it's just they are, since 2015, consumed with what their Fuhrer says and take direction from Him at every turn because extreme conservatives cannot think dynamically and prefer to follow orders - like Goebbels or Himmler did.

When I drive around and see all these 50 foot flagpoles in local yards, I wonder how many of them are secretly saying "Seig Heil" in the morning, while pretending to be "Red-blooded Americans," like Washington or Jefferson.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

More lies out of you, that’s been a common theme from you. Saying Conservatives want lynchings, Holocaust, gay persecution, spousal rape back is extremely ignorant and all lies and nothing valid or truthful at all. Nobody rants and babbles and whines more than you have done around here your posts have said as much. You’re not as high up on a pedestal as you think you are seeing how your pedestal is always falling over.

11. BuzzMyMonkey

Take it too the Pit,, too much political BS being put out here now and doesn’t need to be here.

12. Wayne Stollings

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I never said those comments about conservatives, Lawnboy did, but we have seen an incident rise in most of those things that he mentioned. But I do believe that some Americans calling themselves “conservatives” today, are not by definition, traditionally “conservative” in the least. You can take a barrel of salt and slap a sugar label on it, but that don’t make it “sugar”.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

We’re allowed by the Webmaster’s new rules, to talk about anything including politics, as long as we keep it clean. Since Covid has obviously become political, we are gonna talk about that, for sure.

15. Wayne Stollings

16. BuzzMyMonkey

Never said you did.

17. Wayne Stollings

Sure you did, but you just lied about it when it was easily proven ...

18. BuzzMyMonkey

LOFL. Nice cherry picking bub,,, you didn’t red line the right one. Oh well. Carry on.

19. Wayne Stollings

When you are really that stupid or dishonest you keep on trying to tell the same lies and pretend you were not caught telling them .... when you responded to DKW's post with this and then saying that you "never said you did" when she pointed out that she did not say the statement about conservatives.

20. BuzzMyMonkey