Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

upload_2021-7-13_19-44-37.gif
    I don’t recall him saying he works at Grifols. Maybe I missed it or maybe just another lie out of you. Maybe not,, but your past history says otherwise.
    Just saying.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I definitely don't work for Grifols, never have. But I do know a lot of people that do. I will say, it would be interesting to know how many people there are vaccinated. But from the few dozen people I know that work for big Pharma companies in the area, more than half are not vaccinated for whatever reason. And management at the companies have said they will not push the issue and believe people can do whatever they feel is right.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

In this post from May 2020, you appear to indicate that you have personal and professional experience and inside knowledge concerning the research and development of pharmaceuticals. You use the words “our” and “we” in the post, as if you are an informed member of a specific pharmaceutical company, with Grifols, Novo Nordisk, or Talecris being the largest pharmaceutical and biotech developers in JoCo.

41A0DDEA-492D-42B1-9575-4811F876573B.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  4. jesse82nc

I never said anything about Grifols in there. Do you know how many Pharma companies are in the area? Merck, Grifols, FujiFilm Diosynth, Novo Nordisk, Seqirus, Purdue, IQVIA, Pfizer, BioGen, Gilead, just to name a few. Many of them have hundreds or thousands of employees nearby and billions in investments in the area. Grifols is almost 2000 people here, FujiFilm and Gilead about 1000 each.

https://biopharmguy.com/links/state-nc-all-geo.php

5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Are you now saying that you are NOT professionally affiliated with ANY of these health-care related industries in any of the Johnston County companies that you have listed? You say that you are not in the pharmaceutical industry, but you have previously affiliated yourself with this industry when discussing the manufacture of “pills” in great detail in your post. How do you have such direct, and personal knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing as your post would indicate? And if you aren’t in the pharmaceutical industry, why have you presented yourself as an “authority” with “working”, “inside knowledge” of the R & D and manufacturing of a specific 5.5 billion dollar “pill” produced in “your” pharmaceutical industry? You certainly seem to be doing just that in your post from last May.

6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Whether or not you want to admit it, your prior posts indicate that you work in biotech, pharmaceutical, or a health research-related facility. The point is, whether you work at Grifols, or Novo Nordisk, or any of the other local, biotech or pharmaceutical companies, they all do the same thing: they produce medications, vaccines, or processes that help to PREVENT diseases, including Covid-19. And I would think that if a person is working in a health-related, biotech industry, that these employees especially, would be much better informed than the general population, and would be the first to recognize the scientific value of a vaccine that could mitigate contagion - especially a virus that continues to mutate into deadlier forms, and threatens the health of us all.

Additionally, like most high-tech employees working in a scientific, biotech, pharmaceutical facility, there is a high probability that you, and your pharmaceutical friends, have been given the privilege of working at home through remote work. This would offer you an obvious health advantage over front-line workers and others, who do not have such an option available to them to protect their health. I imagine you also get some excellent healthcare benefits there too, where others, especially rural folks, may not. And the best option for these workers, and everyone else, is to get a vaccine! And yet, you continue to discourage readers on here NOT to get the vaccine, using false comparisons and promoting questionable “statistics”, as if you are some kind of “expert” in epidemiology.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It has been said that the biotech industry is not interested in the health and well being of people as much as they are about increasing profits.

DWK likes this.
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Probably true. I just would never work for any biotech company that produced Covid vaccines or Covid treatment processes, yet would allow their employees to work in an enclosed biotech facility without being vaccinated, like Jesse has tried to assert here. It seems like the worst kind of irony, that makes zero sense. Anyway, I find it very hard to believe that a biotech company, even before the pandemic, that normally requires so much protective clothing (clean suits etc.) and sterilized facilities and equipment (clean rooms) would allow its employees to work unvaccinated, especially after a vaccine has become readily available. And if I did work in a biotech industry that developed pharmaceuticals, vaccines, or other preventative disease treatments as their primary business, I would certainly NOT be spending my time on here trying to discourage people from getting the Covid vaccine.

9. BuzzMyMonkey

Yup. Exactly as I thought, you lie and make stuff up. You have before and you still do. You continue to fall off the high and mighty pedestal you continue to put yourself on as you preach and judge.

10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

And you just gotta LOVE these so-called “freedom-loving” types, who are against Covid vaccine laws and mandates, yet want to create “laws” protecting “dogs that are left in hot cars” to die. Too bad their passionate concern for animals does not extend to protecting human life. If you can walk around everywhere unvaccinated, and don’t give ONE WHIT about spreading this deadly Delta variant, then why do you show more concern about the death of dogs left in hot cars?

3CBFAA57-D9D2-4CBE-B93E-C668F38E481E.jpeg

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

The huge cost of the extended healthcare treatment is paid by the rest of us. Insurance companies raise the rates for everyone to cover these types of cases or if the person is uninsured the hospitals must cover the expenditures by raising their prices.

[​IMG]

Frida Ghitis
    @FridaGhitis

24 years old. ‘He wished he had gotten the vaccine:’ Local man battling COVID-19 from ICU for months – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta

[​IMG]
    ‘He wished he had gotten the vaccine:’ Local man battling COVID-19 from ICU for months
    Blake Bargatze, 24, was the only one in his family to not get vaccinated and now he remains in a hospital ICU more than three months after contracting COVID-19.
    wsbtv.com

8:13 AM · Jul 14, 2021

DWK likes this.
  12. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Yep, and the “toxic vanity” and “tragic malfeasance” continues unabated! Refusing the vaccine has become a “badge of honor” to “own the libs” now. And it appears that the Covid vaccine itself is a “Democrat” in the minds of many Republicans. Trouble is, the vaccine was initiated and developed under the TRUMP ADMINISTRATION, but I guess that particular truth is of little concern, since the use of reason and logic has also become totally “suspect” now. Recent events in Tennessee would be a prime example of that:

7D6BEC02-90CC-4966-82D5-F23BD0A631B6.jpeg 348BC520-6274-4F3B-88AE-D66B9E18FFFD.jpeg C73AA29C-044B-4658-92AD-99759D667980.jpeg

13. Wayne Stollings

Sounds like there needs to be a name change to the Tennessee Department of Illness .....

DWK and Hught like this.
  14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

“Tennessee Department of MENTAL Illness”, you mean! Hey, speaking of “mental illness”….remember our discussion last year when we were talking about that Jim Jones cult that killed themselves in Guyana when their leader told them to drink that cyanide-laced, Flavor-Aid drink back in 1970s? Well, you’re currently witnessing that same exact psychological phenomenon and preventable tragedy right now. I never understood that event back when it happened, or why people would kill themselves just because some toxic leader told them to, but I sure can understand it now! But I’m trying hard to suss out if this current situation qualifies as “suicide”, “murder”, “genocide”, or just “mass stupidity”?

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  15. jesse82nc

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Nice way to deflect, depersonalize, and distance yourself from my point, which you have failed miserably to grasp in any ethical, or moral way. But I do appreciate the indirect disclosure, which has already been verified.

By the way, how ARE your dogs doing these days? Are you still keeping them out of those “hot cars” for their health and safety? I’m sure that they appreciate all your efforts to keep them happy and healthy and away from any hot cars and potentially fatal, communicable canine diseases - because that’s what RESPONSIBLE pet owners do if they truly care for the lives of their pets. They are up to date with all their vaccinations, aren’t they? You know, the ones like “rabies” that protect them and also human health? I hope that you would at least do that to protect their innocent lives, even if you won’t do the same for yourself, and for all the other innocent, human lives around you.

17. BuzzMyMonkey

You’re one mental whack a loon, you got some issues.

18. jesse82nc

There are plenty of vaccines we don't give them, like Lyme, Giardia, etc. Because the risk is low for them. There are dozens of vaccines available, but they only get the ones with the highest risk. Just we do with many humans.

Not everyone gets the HPV vaccine, or the Hep A, B, Men B, Yellow Fever, etc. Because they feel the risk is low to them.

19. Wayne Stollings

The key part is that the experts are the "they" and not the random people off the street with little to no actual knowledge on the subject.

DWK likes this.
  20. Wayne Stollings