Craigslist

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by Rockyv58, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Hey has anyone ever put in a job resume for any position listed on Craigslist? And if so have you ever gotten a reply? I have applied for some jobs there but never heard back. Starting to think they are just collecting resumes.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a crapshoot. Lots of them are scams, I've heard of folks creating resumes without all that personally identifying info to lessen the chances of identity theft.

I know we have posted ads on there for legit jobs and the responses will make you wonder if anyone actually read the job requirements. :?

3. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have applied for several jobs on Craigslist also. Most I never hear back from and a couple have sent me "links" to fill out their application and it turned out to scams. Usually what the first thing they want is your email address and then it goes into a bunch of "survey" type questions to "get" things and next thing you know, you have an in box full of spam. I know there are legit jobs on there, it is just a matter of finding them. One I heard back from the job as in Chapel Hill. A little far for someone from Clayton to drive back and forth every day. That was quite a while back.

4. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

That's actually how I got my current job. I had never applied for one on there before because they sounded like scams. Some are legit but tons of scams on there. Good luck

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

my husband and i got a job on craigslist, it was cleaning the kids r kids day care, but he said he needed us for a one day job cleaning a bank at brier creek, not a close drive, and we put in 5 hours each and when we showed up at the day care the next week he never showed! we were supposed to meet more times, still no shows! when it was time to pay us well there were several more no shows and he mailed the check 5 or 6 times! lousy postal service! that was in feb, still nothing. his name is henry singletary, watch out! unless you like working for free. the sad thing is we really need a job and we are hurting.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I was looking under all the techy jobs. Seeing if I can find either a new full time job closer to home or a part time job on Saturdays for a few hours to bring in some extra cash.

7. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

I've looked for employees through craigslist before, and its a crapshoot on the other end too. Mass email responses, and lots of keyword search responses. Although we found good people on both attempts.

If you reply to a job listing, you should consider changing the subject line a little. This isn't true for every employer/hunter.. but for me when i'm checking it in gmail, everyone responding to "Experienced Game Programmer" would get folded into the same gmail conversation making it easier to get lost in the crowd.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Hubby has hired a few from Craigslist. When he puts an ad on there, he ends up with about 100 resumes within a 2 day period! Some are not great, some are ok, and we usually can narrow it down pretty quickly to about 10 good ones...

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband is looking everyday on craigslist,not just under 'jobs' but also under 'labor-gigs'. We've sent many, many resumes over the last few month with rarely ever a response other than those stupid survey scams.
    A few interviews but all of them lost interest as soon as they found out how much he used to make,even though he told them he would be willing to work for less.None of them offered benefits :x
    Even with the labor gigs it's getting ridiculous,a lot of people looking to get a lot for next to nothing in return :x