Crapplebee's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

So, are you from Wilson or Rocky Mount?

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Actually, Goldsboro could fit in there as well. They, too have had a Western Sizzlin, Pizza Hut and a Tastee Freeze. Of course, the Tastee Freeze packed it in a long time ago. The other two are still going strong, however. There's also a Western Sizzlin and Pizza Hut in Dunn, but I don't remember seeing a Tastee Freeze down there unless it was there years ago.

I've always liked Western Sizzlin myself. I used to eat at the one in Rocky Mount every week when I was up there. Got a Philly Steak sandwich with peppers and onions. Always liked that place. Still do when I get a chance to swing up that way.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Neither. Small towns in VA, different ones. To us, Red Lobster was a big deal, let me tell you. :lol: My how times have changed. :cheers:

Now the Tastee Freeze that was in Speedwell VA (yes an actual town) is called Glennys and they have an awesome burger, LOL.

4. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

hehe It was a big deal when Wilson got a Taco Bell. Now one would think, with being the world's largest tobacco market and all, that Wilson would have had a Taco Bell prior to 1990. No?

5. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Yes, Goldsboro too. I'm thinking Benson had all three of those at one time.

Hey, do you remember Sambo's?

As for the Sizzler, it was either there or the cafeteria in Rocky Mount every Sunday after church.

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Ah Slambos. Up on Wilmington Street next to Pizza Hut which was next to Godfathers which was across the street from Captain Stanleys.

Liked Slambos until we were in their one night and the cooks leaned over and kissed each other.

It was not a hetero moment.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

So we got Crapplebee's, Crappin Barful, and Doody Poosday's to choose from.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

aren't we just lucky :lol:

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember Sambos. Did you guys have a Burger Chef? Probably not, since Rocky Mount was big time Hardee's country. Has the cafeteria always been at Tiffany Square?

10. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

No Burger Chef and the cafteria was at Tarrytown Mall. Oh, guess what? Bill's now has hush puppies in addition to corn sticks.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I remember K&W at Tarrytown now. When I started going to Rocky Mount regularly, there was a pet store right beside it at the main entrance to the mall. I had forgot about it being there prior to Floyd.

The one thing I've always liked about Bill's was actually there Hotdogs, especially their chili. Very meaty and not so soupy like most chili. I remember going there a many a time and eating at the old place where the bar stools were beside the cash register, eating my hot dog and fries.

Of course, I liked the Creamery food, too prior to them selling out. Their business has really fell off since the change of ownership.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  12. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm mistaken but Tastee Freeze is still in Goldsboro...I went there some weeks ago. You are talking about the little drive up hotdog and buger joint right..?

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You talking about the place near Wilburs on 70? I don't think (I may be wrong now) that its a trueblue Tastee Freeze brand location. The one I'm thinking about that was a Tastee Freeze was out on US 117 South. Its near the historic Waynesborough Park and is now a little used car lot.

Actually, the convenient store in front of Food Lion in Clayton (US 70) carried Tastee Freeze for a few months, but they closed it up and put drink dispensers or something in its place. I don't ever stop there anymore. Besides, for soft serve, there's always Dairy Queen.

14. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

Nah the one I'm talking about is right outside of down town on Elm St. I really want to say on the corner of Elm & George

15. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

Yup, it's an Applebee's

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

well - I guess we'll see if it helps their overall presence in this area! :lol:

17. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Don't know why some of you guys are hating so much on applebee's.. i have never had a problem with them compared to the other big chain restaurants. we should be glad we got another choice to eat around here besides the fast food crap

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I know about where you're talking about. I wondering if its George or John. Anyway, I'll be down that way tomorrow. I'm curious enough to swing by and look.

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

did anybody else get an invite to their grand opening this weekend? :allears:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we did:cheers: u going?