Crock pot recipes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Nov 3, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I make a white bean chili that I use ground turkey in.

2. Casceysmom

Casceysmom Guest

For any recipes that I don`t already have I go to Taste of Home.com. I have never ran into a bad recipe there..

3. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

A pressure cooking group I'm on has a standby recipe from the owner of the group.

3 envelope recipe:
    Beef roast
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    1 envelope ranch dressing
    1 envelope italian dressing
    plus whatever liquid and extras

Comes together GREAT! Last weekend I did brisket with beefy onion, the other two seasoning, added extra garlic power, french onion soup from can and beer and let it cook all day - you could live off of the gravy and bread!

People say they mix the type of combos up with different meats - I think the overload of flavor just works.

Martha

4. On the go

On the go Well-Known Member

SLOW COOKER ENCHILADA SOUP

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
    1 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
    1 10 oz. can green enchilada sauce
    1 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cut into small cubes, softened
    chopped cilantro or green onions (optional)
    tortilla chips (optional)

Combine the chicken, soups, enchilada sauce, chiles, and broth in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.

Optional serving ideas: serve over tortilla chips; add chopped cilantro or green onions on top.

5. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been using my crockpot a lot this winter. I tried this recipe and my hubby LOVES it! It is so easy too. It sounds weird to mix onion soup and preserves, but it really is good.

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Timely resurrection of this thread. I just got that thing that has 3 crockpots in one as a gift. I have NO idea where I am going to store it. I guess I need to have a party, LOL.