D.R. Wells meat sale

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by kaci, Jul 30, 2007.

1. le

le Well-Known Member

Definitely get a deal buying in small quantity too (I do as well). Be sure to pick up those chicken breast fryers. One of those is a meal for two I tell ya.

Next cooler sale, someone needs to tell the Wells' to put the foil on sale too!!!

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

So, it is this weekend correct?:confused:

3. tawiii

tawiii Guest

yep

4. Tit4Tat

Cool, thanks....

WO HOOOOOO:lol:

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

When I rode by DR Wells on Thursday they had a guy out there cooking ribs. Damn near wrecked it smelled so good.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

JP's...he's still there today... I had to show great restraint and honor thy plans for lunch with DH not to get anything from them!!!

I did get some great looking extra-thick cut rib-eyes, 2 for $13, and some really thick boneless chicken breasts for $1.99'lb...(about $5 a pkg)

7. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Hmmmm.......that may be my answer for dinner.

8. Tit4Tat

They didnt have crap left when I went on sat. I got steak and chicken. I heard him say the next meat sale was in november. I had to take a CPR/First Aid class on sat and couldnt make it early. Next time I will be there when the doors open, I hope. :neutral:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I grilled the extra-thick cut ribeyes last night... and OMG they were good!!

10. le

le Well-Known Member

Did the same and YES they sure were!
    Did ya get any chops tassy? Those are the best!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope .. didn't see any of those Sat just before noon when I was there. But I also threw the boneless chicken breasts I got on the grill last night and made chicken salad for sandwiches, I can't wait for lunch!! The chicken breasts were huge!

12. le

le Well-Known Member

I have never seen chicken breasts so big! We cooked two and ate them for three days! Darn steroidal birds.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm fixing those steaks I got the other week tonight................with some grilled squash and zuchinni, can't wait!!

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yep, they told me the next one will be the first weekend in November and they are planning on having turkeys there.

Reminder - we have got to quit posting when the sale is going on - when i went Friday around lunch time i got the very last pork loin:shock::lol:

15. le

le Well-Known Member

Dealio!
    I went Friday too and the place was incredibly well stocked. Did ya load up on the babybacks?!?!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah i did, now i just gotta figure out how to cook them:lol:

17. le

le Well-Known Member

Rinse them and pat them dry then seal them up in a foil packet. Toss them on the grill and flip after 20 minutes. Continue to cook another 15-20 minutes, you will smell them when they are done. Remove them from the foil. We toss ours on the grill at this point to crisp them some and add sauce. Absolutely delicious and no soaking, boiling or baking!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks so much - that sounds alot easier than what i was thinking:-D

19. Tit4Tat

Omg I thought I was in the razor thread and she was saying to put the razor in foil etc.....I was reading the post right above this one.

Let me go get coffee......Just got out of the shower. Guess that didnt work. lol:lol: :lol: :shock:

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Had some ribs we got from DR Wells Meat Sale! Glad I stocked up!