Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Since we're on the subject - I just happen to see this. Seems they think they're old enough to have sex - they just aren't smart enough to use protection! :?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363424,00.html

WASHINGTON, — Sexual activity is on the rise among U.S. teens while their use of contraceptives is sliding in the other direction, according to a study released on Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    Click here to view the study.
    Approximately 48 percent of 14,041 high school students said they have had sex, representing a 2 percent hike since 2005; however, teens still are having less sex today than their counterparts did in the 1990s.
    The 2007 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System study showed a 2 percent drop-off in the percentage of teens who said they used condoms while having sex.
    The CDC questioned the students on a range of risky behaviors including sexual activity and drug and alcohol use. Ninth- through 12th-graders from 39 states participated in the study in spring 2007.
    In 1991, 54 percent of the high school students said they had had sexual intercourse, compared with 48 percent in 2007. In 1991, 19 percent said they had at least four sexual partners, compared with 15 percent last year, the survey showed, Reuters reported.

For the students overall, just under half have had sex, 75 percent have tried alcohol and 20 percent said they smoke.
    The study is given to high school students every two years. The new report noted that black and white students are reporting less sexual activity than in years past, but there was no decline among Hispanics.
    Whites, however, reported the highest rates of smoking and heavy drinking, while blacks reported the highest rates of obesity and violence.
    Hispanic students were more likely than either blacks or whites to use cocaine, heroin or ecstasy, attempt suicide or ride with a driver who had been drinking alcohol.
    The survey did not collect information on the parents' income or education levels. Some experts say those factors can be a strong indicator of a youth's health behavior and academic achievement.
    Adolescents cannot always be counted on to tell the truth about their sexual exploits, drug use or other risky behaviors, but CDC officials said they take many steps to secure accurate responses: Participation is confidential, kids are spaced apart when answering the questions and teachers do not hover.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know i know, was just trying to say it without starting the crap up again, ya know:lol::lol:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

yes, I know girl.....I get cha! They (the young ones) are on my last nerve!

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

as far as sex in WEst - the reason Pyro believes that everyone is doing it is because that is because everyone he associates with is.

There are kids out there who make better choices. despite his baby stuff from yesterday he is just another misguided teen who owns the world. Teens always think they no more. Life usually shows them otherwise a bit later.

5. Kaos78

Kaos78 Well-Known Member

Taking shots

Taking shots at other people whether directly or subliminally is what is causing this board to stray, yes Im guilty of it to before anyone shouts it out, but every time you take shots at "the people he associates with" or the "bad" girl and her mother, what ever the case may be it just riles up more stuff and it needs to stop. Being an adult should mean that you try to put an end to it and not take out your frustration for past incidents that may or may not have happened. I've heard enough about dirt on the majority of the families and their children hear to choke a whale so I know no one on here has a clean record. Before you start pointing out other's skeleton's in their closet you better make sure every bone fragment is swept out of yours.

6. peppercorns

if you are referring to me - what I said is true. When all his friends are doing it he will believe that this is the norm.. But there are others who are not. School is no different then any other group.. the accepted becomes the norm. It doesn't make it right.
    What is right for some and what is right for others is not always the same.
    "The people he associates with" may or maynot be the same ones I do. WE all associate with people. THat was by no means a put down.

And hey, I know what's in my closet and it's not what everyone heard.
    Remember - kids side - moms side -and the truth????????

If it works for "the girl" and her mom, then it works for me!

ok, enough with that, focus on getting the word out about the vigil.

7. KellBell

umm, 'scuse me there young gun....no one here has claimed to be innocent or untarnished. HOWEVER, you started throwing it out there, the real life story of your pregnant teenage buddy.....

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

They are ALL still wet behind the ears. I wish they knew half of what they thought they knew!

9. Kaos78

Kaos78 Well-Known Member

Im just making a general statement

That is for everyone including myself and Pyro...something I was thinking about last night, no need to be jumpy.

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

is this over yet ?:confused::confused::?

Let's find Daniel......

11. Kaos78

Kaos78 Well-Known Member

True

Because you guys needed to hear both sides of the story, whatever stance you take from their is your decision, but IMHO its absurd to try and take an opinion from one side.

12. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

:beathorse:

13. Kaos78

Kaos78 Well-Known Member

Anyway

Who was the one who said that their child was in contact with Daniel?

14. turtlepits

All we need to know is how to find Daniel. Nobody cares why he left, who he left for, or all the other crap you kids have been trying to feed us. All we care about is if he is safe and can give his mom a call!

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Amen!

16. KellBell

I can understand why you would group me with the others, its ok, HOWEVER, I didn't need to hear nothing excpet that he has or has not been found. All the rest of this crapola is getting OLD and pretty much on everyone's nerves.

17. Kaos78

Kaos78 Well-Known Member

Fine

I've said my piece, good luck finding him...

18. peppercorns

WOW - i didn't think I had any left..lol
    ok back to the matter at hand.

Anyone else definately coming to the vigil?

19. turtlepits

I'll be there. Been getting the word out as much as possible.

20. everybody

everybody Guest

Since I was mentioned, I thought I would register and tell what everybody really does.

Everybody does not have sex in High School.

Everybody does not lie.

Are there any other discrepencies that I should clear up?