Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. mimi2

mimi2 Active Member

Glad to know he called home. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

YEah!!!!!!!

that.. about sums it up.. yeah! sheesh I was beginning to fear the worst....Glad you called Daniel.

WTG Daniel!
    WTG Mom!

Ok Daniel , now you gotta come up with a life plan. what are you going to do? You need to finish school and with that GPA you should go to college. Go be whatever you want.

Running never solves a thing because no matter where you lay you head - your problems still wake up with you.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hurray::hurray::hurray:

4. arkpals2u

arkpals2u Well-Known Member

Great news! I know you are so releived Tracey!
    Daniel-thank you for at least calling your mom. You were around when my son left home so I think you may know how mad he was at me. You also know that he came home. We are slowly getting back the closeness we had before. It is taking effort on both parts but we have some of those happy- joking around days we had lost before he left. I know your mom would love to have that back too (I suspect deep down inside you do too). it not too late and never will be- you have taken the first step- keep moving forward.
    Many of your raider/JROTC buddies have been at our house lately and the 3 that were here this morning were glad to hear you had contacted your mom and know you were okay.(though they believed you had to be since you were a raider and raiders can get through anything!) I know they are here for you if you need them or want to talk to them. Just pm me and I'll get word to them or at least help you get a hold of them. Best of luck to you and your family!

5. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

For Daniel

Daniel - Message for you on my blog on MySpace.

myspace.com/biblebkwm

Let someone know if you can't get to it!!

6. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I am so glad that you got to hear from him! I am sure that was a relief in itself. Not the same as him coming home, but it is a start and hearing his voice and talking to him, well, I know you feel better. Take care and God Bless!!

7. ash-a-lee

ash-a-lee Guest

daniel i hope you read this

sooo from what it looks like daniel is reading these and so i hope he reads this one too.

Bestist friend I love you soooo much more than you can imagine. I miss you so much and really wish you would come home.... or atleast calll.
    I know you called your momma and i know you called me... I hate that i missed your phone call but it was great to hear your voice even over a voicemail. Just to let you know i didnt call beth like you wanted me too but i did leave her a message on myspace and told her that you are ok and she messaged me back asking that if i talked to you again could i tell you to call her.... sooo.... call beth :) And please please please call me too bestist friend i promise i will answer my phone this time i would really love to talk to you we dont have to talk about this situation just call me to talk about whatever.
    You know that you are still and will always be my bestist friend and favoritist person ever and you know nothing you could ever do would change that soooo please call me babe

p.s i ate m&ms the other day and couldnt help but laugh and think back to the whole thats what she said conversation that one night :) yea i thought you would laugh at that

p.s.s call your brother as well he would love to talk to you

i love you bestist friend dont ever forget that!!!

8. kleonard

kleonard Guest

Hey Daniel!

Daniel I hope you know about this website and read it. But I know you don't have any phone numbers for other family members but we all miss you very much. Colby thinks your lost and Drew is very sad that he hasn't seen you. He misses you. Anyway we all love you and miss you and I know you know that. I don't want you to think everyone would shun you if you came back. But Dad said he would talk to you if you wanted and wouldn't tell you to do anything he would just listen...as your pastor. And your 'favorite cousin' said she wanted to talk to ya and that you probably didn't have her phone number so here it is...919-235-2825(Christa). I'm writing to tell you that I don't know exactly how you feel but that I do want to see you again some day and get one of your hugs:) I also miss your smile and when you always used to tell me by pointing to your eyes with both fingers and saying i've got my eyes on you...or saying "Kari, nobody cares.." ha ha i miss that. I know that you probably know this but your papa and granny are worried and pray for you a lot...i know you know that we pray for you because we are a praying family!! We love you daniel and miss you lots!! Hope u can read this and know that you are loved and wanted back......Kari aka karilator
    oh yeah and PS> We need you to spike those volleyball serves again!!

9. ash-a-lee

ash-a-lee Guest

8)
    I like your PS i was just thinking the same thing
    At VBS all we had was chris to spike it and i mean he's good but he aint no Dan the Man

10. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Message on myspace for Daniel!

11. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Message for Daniel

Daniel -

I love you. You're my son, for heaven's sake. I love you! I can't say OK, you can go live somewhere else. But if what you want is to be declared a man, then we'll go stand in front of a judge and let you convince him that you can be a man and take care of yourself. If you can't do that, then what you're asking me to do is to let someone else finish raising you into a man. That, I will not do. God gave you to me, Daniel. There is no other woman, nor has there ever been another woman, more suited to be your mother. That doesn't at all make me perfect, or any better or worse than any other parent. It just makes me God's choice for you. You know He works all things together for good for those who love Him. My strengths and weaknesses, my skills and faults, my good choices and bad mistakes as a parent will all be used to shape who He wants you to be. He uses lots of things to shape us, honey. Parents are a tool he uses. And you know shaping hurts. He cuts away the excess. He burns off the dross. And he's going to use this experience in all of our lives.

I can't give you over to someone else, honey. You're my responsibility. You're my son. And home is where you're supposed to be. I know you know that too.

Chris, Amy and Steven went to the beach today. Steven got fried! I said he glowed in the dark. Amy called him neon! He's going to try and avoid Granny this week LOL. Chris has joined the volleyball team with Kyles church youth group. They played tonight and lost both games. They got slaughtered the first game and almost tied the second but lost that one too. You should go. They have a lot of fun. Chris is trying to do as much as he can, spend as much time with his friends and family as he can before he leaves. He's only got two months. He misses you. I think the closer it gets the more nervous and excited he gets. I'm nervous too! I don't know how I'm going to react when he leaves.

Father's day was hard for me. I've been so focused on finding you, I'd put it out of my mind. It hit me pretty hard Sunday morning though, not being able to call Granddad. You're dad missed you. First father's day card he's gotten in 15 years that hasn't had 3 names on it. It was a nice day though. Granny & Papa, Kate, Suemom and Amy came over and we cooked steaks on the grill. Papa really missed you. First time in 15 years he's gotten a card from his grandkids on father's day that didn't have three names in it.

Grandad's funeral is next month. I hope you'll come with us to Arlington.

I love you, Daniel. I loved hearing your voice.

Come home soon.

Mom

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  12. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Not sure how much more I can read this thread...it aches my heart and I hug my kids even harder than I usually do and I don't want to let them go.

Keep your head up and don't give up...keep searching for him

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Nevermind, Ijust saw where he's 16.

14. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

15. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ro

16. packleader

packleader Guest

I have been checking daily for any news of Daniel's return home. I am still praying that he will go home soon. I am hoping that the absence of activity on the loop means that he has either returned home or that he is in contact w/his family. I'll keep praying......

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

daniel made some initial contact...but as to why he still isn't coming home - I say- the outside forces are still at work on him.
    He may be 16 but running away proves he is still not fully grown. Men don't run. He needs to own up to things- take blame as well as give it - then make a fresh start. His mom is really willing to listen to him if he is willing to talk - not yell and carry on - either one of them should do that.

18. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i gotta be honest, i was at the radio station this morning, but i was really not able to pay attention to the hollah (even though i'm the one who played it), but i think i'm pretty sure i heard a message to him this morning, or at least some girls hollering "we love you daniel"

did anyone else hear the hollah this morning? it'll be a couple of days before i can go back and check the logger for the audio...

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I heard it this morning on my way to work.

20. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

Some Sick Game... (message for Daniel)

Daniel -

I don't know how much you know about what's going on, but I got a letter in the mail Saturday because "someone" filed a complaint with the Division of Juvenile Justice regarding your status as a runaway. There's only one or two people I can think of who would have filed a complaint like that... and I can only imagine the reasoning behind it. My guess is that either you or 'they' think that if the state finds that I can't control my child, it might help you in your quest to become emancipated (which I know was not an idea you came up with on your own!). I've read the statutes and spoken to the Juvenile Justice rep and here's what the outcome of this 'complaint' may be...

Potential Outcome: If it is determined that there is cause to believe that I am "unfit" as a mother and unable to control my children... that would mean I'm also unfit to be Steven's mother, and he'll be put in foster care pending an investigation which could take months. STEVEN IN FOSTER CARE!! Is this acceptable to you, Daniel? Your little brother in foster care? I think there is little chance of this happening... there's no way anyone could declare me unfit... but depending on the 'complaint' that was filed, they could remove Steven from our home pending an investigation.

Considering the flat out lies that were told in the 'complaint' attached to the no-contact order filed last month, there's no telling what the county was told and what they think they need to investigate! Who are these people that they're willing to play with people's lives this way?!

Probable Outcome: You will be found to be an 'undicsiplined juvenile' and a warrant will be placed for your arrest. When you come home, you'll have to go to court and may end up on probation or the court will order you to go to counseling and order that you not run away again or face probation or juvenile detention. Maybe in the long run, this will be a good thing.

But is this the way you want things to go? Can't we settle this as a family and not in court?!

Either way, whoever filed this 'complaint' is not doing you or your family any good deed. Are these the people you want to live with? Have they turned you so against your family that you don't care what happens to us... to Steven... to your criminal record?

Daniel, PLEASE COME HOME and let's stop all this non-sense. This is rediculous! It's not a game. This is our family and our lives that are being toyed with here.

Who ARE these people and what are you being told that makes you think that any of this is ok?

PLEASE AT LEAST CALL ME and let's talk through this. We need to talk... really talk... about what we can do to make this better, to make you feel comfortable comging home... to work past all of the he said / she said crap and really talk about coming together as a family again. You're not responsible for any of this, Daniel. Your life and your family's lives are being used like pawns in some sick game. Tell me... who's the winner in any of this? Let's just start over. I'm again offering you trust... right off the bat... no strings... as soon as you walk in the door. No consequenses, no restrictions, just the normal rules for a trustworthy 16 year old boy living at home. Call me and let's talk about those rules and what it would be like if you came home. Read the blog on the new MySpace page... www.myspace.com/danielcomehome

I love you so much, honey. This is killing me! There's so much that you don't know and that you won't believe until you see it for yourself with your own eyes.

But how can that happen if you stay sequestered where only the people manipulating the situation are able to talk to you?

I LOVE YOU, DANIEL!!

Please call me!

Mom

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008