Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Prayers go out to you and Daniel from me and my family.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

emancipated ??? Sounds like someone has been feeling his head with CRAP! Poor kid!

Maybe he will "man up" and give you a call! Best of Luck to you!

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Our thoughts are with all of you. Just when we think our problems are consuming we read your Post and are humbled.

Daniel...you probably don't know me but I can assure you that I have been through alot in my life time. If you would like a neutral place to meet one or both parents I would be glad to help you find one.

I know you want the best for your brother! What is happening right now is really bad and, you, Daniel are the only one that can stop this.

Sherry

4. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

I don't know you Daniel and you don't know me. I don't know you Mom and you don't know me.

I have a compelling need to help in some small way but have no clue as to help so I've decided to share with both of you a true story. Please understand that I will not use names because it's the respectful thing to do.

Several years ago, when my daughter and all her friends were making the transition from middle school into the high school years, all the kids were going through so much to find their place in the mix. Hormones were raging and teens were certain they were grown adults. It was a time when the kids didn't know where they fit in but had a strong sense of wanting to belong.

My daughter had many many friends. She was definitely a social butterfly. She never met a stranger and is still that way to this day. My daughter made friends with this one girl. As the friendship evolved between the two of them and my daughter became closer and closer to her, my daughter began to realize that this girl was extremely unhappy at home. This unhappiness was much greater and different than the other teens. My daughter began to see changes in this dear friend as time went on. My daughter believed she was beginning to make some wrong choices in life and was scared for her. My daughter didn't know what to do. My daughter didn't betray the trust of the young girl. My daughter kept everything to herself. Things escalated at the home of this young girl. My daughter knew one thing, above all else, I am an advocate for children, children of any age.

My daughter finally opened up to me about her fears and concerns of this girl. To this day I am glad she opened up and to this day I have No regrets for what I did at that time.

One night this girl called my daughter extremely upset and uncontrollable. This girl and her mother had gotten into a scuffle (I'm being polite). I told my daughter to tell her friend to get out of the house and begin walking and that I would come pick her up. Please keep in mind that by the time I came into the situation, the situation within this family had gotten to the very serious point. I drove and picked her up along side of the road. I brought the girl back to our home. I did everything within my power that night to calm the girl down and put her at ease. I promised her that we would work together to come to some solution for her.

The girl stayed at our home for nearly a week. In that week's time I had the Johnston County sheriff's deputy on my front porch to take this teen away and to return her to her mom. I told that deputy that I refused to release her to him and that girl was not going back to that house. He and I sat as I explained and brought him up to date with the situation. He left my home in search of a solution. The solution was for the girl to be relocated to another part of the state in a half-way home for teens. The girl went through the court system and was granted her emanicipation (this did not take place of a short period of time).

Now, here is the rest of the story.......

The 'friends' who were so good at putting separation between the girl and mom were no where to be found as time continued on. They were there when it was convenient for them and there was something in it for them. But when she became emanicipated and was left to survive on her own - the 'friends' weren't there.

With no roof over her head. With no job to earn money. With no skills to get a job. With no diploma to get a job. And with a humbled heart she showed up on her mom's doorstep. Her mom opened the door and the daughter stepped in. From that day they worked hard at not rebuilding their relationship but beginning a new relationship from scratch.

The girl and her mom are now closer than they ever were prior to any of the turmoil their family went through for more than 2 years. I ran into the girl and her mom at the Food Lion more than a year ago. The girl hugged me. The mom hugged me.

Sometimes we as teens (metaphoric here, i'm older than a teen) have to go through Life's crap to learn that no matter what; mom's will always love us and will always be there. Mom will always be there no matter how bad things get or how terrific life is. It's all part of learning and growing up.

We think Mom lives forever but we're wrong. One day Mom isn't there anymore and we are left here to continue to live our life. We have to lay our heads down at night and hope that she knew just how much we loved her even when we weren't the greatest person for her to like.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Well, here's my .02 worth...

MOM - stop airing your family's dirty laundry all over the internet. If anything, you're just embarrassing the kid. If he wants to go, let em go. He'll just have to learn the hard way how tough life is and how little that $7/hr job at McD's really is. It's parenting - it's not easy. This is one of those "This hurts me more than it hurts you" moments. He'll be back in due time.

DANIEL - Call your gd mom already. Lay it out on the table, just be honest. It doesn't matter if you're coming back or not, just let her know something. You DO NOT know everything. You ARE NOT grown. Have you calculated how much rent is, light bill, phone, gas, car payment, insurance, etc will be - you know, since you're all grown up and all, that's what you have to look forward to. Yeah, it's a lot. Those 60 hour work weeks at McD's are gonna get old fast and you'll be wishing you were preparing for college to land that $30/hr job. Just know that your family will always be there for you so when you see how hard life really is, you can go back. BUT - you'll be following your parents rules again. Remember that light bill, rent, phone bill, etc I mentioned? Yeah, they pay that. They pay, you obey.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I had to start completely over with my post because it was bad, VERY bad and god forbid I hurt little Daniels feelings.

TJ, since he's obviously man enough now to be on his own or hang with his friends let him go! He's grown enough to make up his mind and wants to be free. I know if you provided a roof over my head to sleep under, 3 hot meals a day, water, electric, heat, AC FREE groceries and lots of love - I'd probably run away 2. Makes sense to me. :?

Your husband and Daniel's siblings probably need you now more than ever. Give them lots of hugs, kisses and let them know how much you love them every single day.

Stay stong.

HG & Family

Space - get outta my head! :lol:

From the Sticky thread - which one to post on already? :?

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :hurray: Could not have said it better myself. WTG, Space!

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I like that approach! Just plain common sense!

9. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

My apologies if my 'dirty laundry' is getting in your way Mr. Cowboy...

Honestly, I'm taking one day at a time, one decision at a time, and believe it or not, have been pretty selective in what I choose to post here.

First, I'm not airing my laundry because I want to - I'm posting things I feel are either necessary or useful in helping to bring my son home.

Second, anyone who tells me to "let him go" is going to be ignored 'cause that ain't gonna happen. Been there, done that, don't have to explain it to you.

Third, if you feel this is embarassing or somehow bothersome to you... quit clicking on this thread.

Fourth, if Daniel feels this is embarassing, he can PICK UP THE PHONE! It was his choice to leave me with this as our only means of communication.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I thought you were also communicating and leaving him messages on MySpace.

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Shame on you Space - You know there is nothing like a little bit of aired dirty laundry to get things into perspective. Makes you see how things look. And it gives the chance for others to tell you - you are not alone.
    Turst me about the dirty laundry thing - I should know more then a lot of people - Let me take a bow here.
    Yes somethings mgiht be ebarrassing and personal but if they get the job done - who cares.

I love your take on things as always Devilock. I am hard pressed to believe that the girl cares about Daniel anyway I think she is using him.

12. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Although I hope Daniel comes home, I do think too much info has been posted on here.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Ken, man... you crack me up!! And I agree with you.

Daniel, good luck getting your life back on track when you really DO grow up. Your parents tried to give you a nice upbringing and an education ie: the tools you need for a fulfilling life, but you would rather be a McManager... ok then.

14. harleygirl

Well since that was me who said to "let him go".

You're right you dont have to explain nothing to me, but really - when you look in the mirror you have to say "I did the best I could."

Come on. He 'aint coming home. You can beg, plead, scream, cry, offer a "homecoming party" but it's not going to happen! He's not READY yet~~ He thinks he's grown and there's NOTHING you can say or do to bring him home quicker. I was just saying teach him a lesson. He can't just LEAVE and expect to come home to a party? Give me a break! He's a little brat who needs his *** whopped - repedately - for running away. He thinks he's a big boy now - like I said before he don't know JACK SQUAT.

I really don't mean to sound ugly, I really don't. I'm sure as a mother (which I'm not - but do have one) your heart is broken into a million little pieces, but you HAVE to move on, as he already has. He has you by the balls and you're giving in. I don't get it. I believe in tough love just like some of the other posters.

15. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

No worries, it doesn't bother me at all. You have taken offense to a reply that I thought would be beneficial to you. Obviously you've ignored my advice; hopefully, Daniel won't do the same.

I understand that. But also understand this can be very embarrassing to your son, to the point that it may just make him rebel even more.

I'm afraid you don't have a choice in the matter.

Not to me, to your son.

Agreed, he should pick up the phone. Obviously, if he wanted to contact you, he would have. Embarrassing him online where all his friends are reading doesn't help the situation at all. I'm sorry you're in this situation and I'm sorry you took offense to my reply, but your son isn't missing. He's moved out.

16. KJL

KJL Guest

WHATEV

Space man, you need to have a little respect before throwing your two cents out like that. if you were in this family and knew what we were going through then your opinion might count. Daniel knows his family and he knows we are just trying to communicate with him. So if you want to do something constructive then PRAY for our family. THANKS!!!8)

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know.. why don't we just have a whole new "forum" set up for Daniel Johnson?? Two threads in the same area obviously isnt enough to make Daniel want to come home.

:?

18. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I dont think anything on 4042.com is going to make Daniel come home

19. harleygirl

AMEN BROTHER KEN!

20. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I thought that he had contacted his mom. did I read it wrong?