Daniel Johnson - Missing. Do you have info?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by littlered74, May 29, 2008.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

2. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

After keeping a close eye on this thread and reading through all of it. I've seen a change in the tone of this thread, one that started out for concern for a teenager that ran away from home, to one of bashing a teenager for making what most of us see as a big mistake. I think, IMO, that it's time to put this thread to rest. I personally cannot say if Daniel would be better off at home or not, as I don't know the complete, unabridged story of what life truely was like for him at home, relations with family members etc., I don't know his mother/father/brother/sister/cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents, nor does anyone of the rest of 4042.com other than what his family members have posted on here. So, with that said let's play the devil's advocate. There has to be more to this story than what meets the eye and a public forum is just not the place to discuss it, private matters should be just that, private matters. I understand the family's initial reason for posting on here, which was to get Daniel to call home and let his mom know he was okay, mission complete. Now it's turned into a circus event. From one mom to another, please stop posting. I have to agree with Shadow Rider, this could be and probably is creating more issues between you and your son. I've asked my two daughters (both older teenagers) what they think about this and they agreed that this would bring on so many other issues and stress in the already shattered relationship you have with your son. I hope for a resolution between you and your son, but don't think your going about it in the right way. Just my opinion, not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. Good luck with everything.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

4. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

he did but he doesn't have all the facts of what is going on - the things that have happened and the reasons why he left are still holding him back from returning home.

daniel:
    Don't wallow in a mistake - take it on the chin and move on - that's what a real man does. you left - you still think it is the right thing to do,.. ok. - so just go home and put it behind you. finish school - go to college and/or get a job.
    Date who you want and stay level headed not this drama ridden behavior that irritates those who love you - mom, dad, and family and friends. Torturing someones heart is not a way to get your point across.

don't have others do things for you - do them yourself since you are so grown. If you can't - then think twice about what you are doing. Going home isn't a matter of conceeding or "them winning" - you have made your point and people are willing to listen. If this continues - you may loose that vantage point. be smart. it time to play your hand.

5. TJ1947

TJ1947 Well-Known Member

So far, I'm with you. The tone of the thread changed drastically. First, about the time the other teens got on and started bashing and lying and helping to facilitate the lies that Daniel was acting under - which I tried to clarify (both for you poeple who were asking questions and for Daniel who might be reading and buying into more lies)... then when people decided finding him and making him safe wasn't important and instead, decided that letting him "learn his lesson" was what was important - the only thing Daniel did wrong was love someone who didn't love him back! When you said "let's play devil's advocate" I thought I might be finding some of the support I found when I first posted here. And then...

You said it wasn't meant to hurt feelings and I'll accept that... but why can't playing devil's advocate mean, or at least include, the thought that I've thought over and over before posting anything... the thought that I would have agonized over whether or not to post the most heart wrenching things that my son and the rest of my family are going through for the whole world to comment on... the thought that I'd been talking to the sheriff's dept, the national center for missing children, the CUE center, the Laura Foundation, and many other "experts" and giving them every piece of information I had and considering their advice and direction in how to approach Daniel before I posted anything... the thought that over any of you, I know my son, what he might be thinking, and how he might react...

IMHO...

if your HO is that I should decide that being socially correct and keeping my private life private is more important than bringing my son home...

if your HO is that avoiding what you guys have turned into a circus event with your running commentary on my decisions rather than concern for Daniel is more important than bringing my son home...

if your HO is that hearing his voice for four minutes is the equivalent of knowing he's okay and therefore, mission accomplished...

Then, IMHO, your HO is worthless.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

wonder how this kid is doing.....anyone know? I sure hope things have straightened themselves out for this young man.