Did you guys see this?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by JenniferK, Jan 17, 2005.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

2. Sandy

Sandy Guest

I was wondering the same thing.. Wonder why the guy would just shoot an innocent dog, You know if this is true there's going to be alot of pissed off people out there.

3. David

David Well-Known Member

Sandy,

Not nothin' for nothin' and not trying to start anything, but what if the dog was not innocent and went in to their yard and bit a kid or him? Or killed their pet?

I can't tell anything from that classified other than a dog is dead.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine someone shooting my dog! If this person was being attacked by the dog, that's one story or if it was attacking his cat. If a dog is on my property and I am in danger or my cat or dog is in danger, I would do whatever necessary to defend myself or pets. Hopefully the guy just didn't shoot it for shooting sake. Who knows, people are NUTS! And yes, so are some pet owners!

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Sources say (hehehehe) that this will be on the news tonight. Not sure what channel

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't get local channels. I'm sure I'm not missing anything though on regular TV. My goal was to spend less time in front of the TV anyway this year. I'll have to read about it on the net.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Keep us posted on whats going on.

8. sharkster

sharkster Guest

Hard to call. Looks a little iffy but really need more or better information than what was on the news.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Looks like a good opportunity for a slander suit?

10. LemonDrops

LemonDrops Guest

Is this a bogus story???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

There has got to be more to this than what the person is saying. Do you really think that after all the stuff about the animal shelter, that someone from the sheriff's dept would shoot a dog without provocation?

12. LemonDrops

LemonDrops Guest

I thought he was a realtor not a sheriff??? Didn't he admit to the Sheriff?

13. Anonymous

you are right, I read it wrong, he did admit to the sheriff dept. but I would still be interested in hearing the other side of the story.

14. LemonDrops

LemonDrops Guest

me too!! Anyone have any info????

15. Cleopatra

I guess we could call him up at work since all of this info has been provided... :roll:

The darn dog probably took a dump on somebody else's lawn for the last time.

16. Anonymous

17. Cleopatra

Awe - you beat me to it!

Funny how they are talking about a lawsuit, and then give this guy ammo to file one of his own. Judge Judy would laugh her CENSORED off. It is obvious they are CENSORED because JCSO said the guy was within his rights, so now they set out to ruin him & his employer?

18. Anonymous

yep, sounds like a case of slander to me, Cleo :lol:

19. home4sale

home4sale Guest

hi all....i would like to respond to the above topic in order to give a little more detail regarding the incident at hand. The dog owner failed to tell everyone about the 8 reports I, as well as the sheriff's office, have on file for previous attacks occurring on our family dog in my own yard. Unfortunately, the 9th was his last. What the owners also failed to report was that their dog was at the bottom of my front porch steps entangled once again with my dog. Of course I went out to break up the two dogs, their dog then knocked me down and attacked me. In retaliation and fear for my life, I shot the dog. I was bitten twice on the thigh and therefore was required to seek medical treatment. The doctors report does state puncture wounds and in his own words said as deep as one was, I was lucky the tooth did not break off in my thigh. A couple of final key details to mention is one of our neighbors witnessed the entire incident. The witness stated to the investigating officers he saw the two dogs fighting in my front yard, he heard me screaming, heard the gunshots, and stated it all occured in my front yard. I am an animal lover as I have two dogs of my own. It is tragic the owners could not abide by the county leash law and contain the dog to it's own yard. I also have a 3 year old son that spends a great deal of time outside and this incident could have very easily been him instead of me. I hope this gives clarification on the incident and as the Sherrif's department stated on the local news, their investigation is closed.

20. Anonymous

I think we all sort of knew there was more to it than what was posted in the classifieds. I am also an animal lover, but some times you have to choose.
    Hope your injuries are better