Discount on Kitten adoptions at SPCA of Wake

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ljk, Jul 1, 2005.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Due to increased number of available kittens for adoptions, we are taking $20 off kitten adoptions starting Sat July 2nd. (running for the week) So all cute fuzzy adorable kittens are $75, that includes spay/neuter, microchip, shots etc....

Please pass this on to anyone who may be looking to adopt. www.spcawake.org

Thanks!

2. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Do you do any kind of screening of potential adopters?

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I adopted my girl from Wake County SPCA and it took over 4 hours to do so. I just couldn't bear to leave her there because I had fallen in love. They had to speak to my vet and that was tricly on Saturday afternoon! So yes, they do have screenings - thankfully!

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

You have to fill out an application and talk to an adoption counselor. They do call your vet to make sure your current pets are up to date (or you can bring records with you)

If there is no line it should only take 45 minutes, but when there are people in front of you..... with the new building things go more smoothly.

Go take a look.

(I have foster kitties waiting to go in to get adopted, but there is no room there, so I need people to go adopt. :) )

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My problem is I want them all! :) Thanks for being a foster parent! I did that once, but it was too hard emotionally! I have lots of respect and gratitude for you!

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Thanks-- my family and I really enjoy it. We have fostered well over 100 kittens, and haven't kept one!! It is hard to give them back, but worth it.

We are also fostering a 9 month old Great Dane puppy. All 70 pounds of him!! Know anyone looking for a gentle giant to add to their family?

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I have fostered cats/kittens for about two years now. Lost track of how many, maybe 30 or more. Kept only one in that time period - a really sick cat (embedded collar) that took months to nurse back to health (for a total of four of my own). I frequently mourn their lost upon their adoption - especially the adults and the sick, because they stay with me the longest (11 months the record). But I comfort myself knowing that they go to good, well-screened, compatible homes. And I encourage the adopters to send, and I am thrilled to receive pictures of my former fosters, in their new homes.

8. ktr

ktr Guest

LJK, you know I would take him in a minute if Hubby would agree to it. He is a nice looking dog!!!

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Talk him into it... :) Have the kids all say "Pleeeaaase" at the same time. He got neutered yesterday, and should be available at the shelter today! You will have to look for him on the website.

I love the new website, they update it every hour, so I can watch my fosters, and when they are no longer on the website I know they got adopted. If you click on the picture of the animal, it even has a write up about them that the foster families write. It makes saying goodbye a little easier.