DOES SIN BLOCK BLESSINGS?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dad_of_3_under_3, Apr 21, 2006.

?

Could the life of this child been saved by a blessing from God that was blocked by the sin of his pa

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I will not vote

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Such a beautiful little innocent baby. He looks much like my son when he was 16 months.
    A very sad, sad story

http://www.wral.com/news/8862825/detail.html

By the childs name, one could assume that the parent(s) were muslim.

2. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

what does this story have to do with your poll are yoiu assuming that the baby died because of sins of the parents? If so I would totally disagree. It was a totally freek accident that could have been prevented had the mother been home and watching her child. and if they have had probems with the screens for years why open the windows so far that a child can fall against it and fall out.

3. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I think that the 7 year old pushed the 16 mo old out the window.

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Ditto.

This is a very odd poll. :?

5. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

that could be a possibility alos. but still fact remains the poll has nothing to do with the story ;D

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It appears the poll may be in reference to the Muslim name of the child. I suppose there are some who would think being Muslim is also being a "sinner" and thus bringing the wrath of God upon their children via accidents. It makes it hard to explain the same type of accidents in the homes of those following the Christian, Jewish, or other faiths though.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It could be a lower income apartment complex without AC and therefore the need for open windows for cooling. It would not take much of an opening to allow a toddler to fall through if the toddler was also a climber. If the windows were low enough even a non-climber could fall through there is just not enough information to know.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

WTF, is this the next user name for Ed (aka Oy)?

Ed has a habit of posting threads that have little if anything to do with the link provided.

9. kookookacho

I sure hope that isn't the case...that being the reasoning behind the poll. :(
    That is the reason I didn't vote...I had a feeling that was the reason.

10. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Dad of 3 you claim to be such a devoted Christian, yet everything I have read from you is so judgemental. Is it not very UNCHRISTIAN to judge other people, and secondly to gossip about them. Which is what you seem to do on every post you have. An innocent child and his family has suffered a great tragedy, and you make a statement that the name sounds Muslim. What does that prove? Being a Christian shouldn't you instead offer prayer for the family, instead of rude remarks.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

WTF, is this the next user name for Ed (aka Oy)?

Ed has a habit of posting threads that have little if anything to do with the link provided.

12. kookookacho

are you positive this is Oy?

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ko, no I am not. Just fits. :?

14. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Hught, you're stuttering this morning :wink: .

I've already stated my opinion in another thread (and it has been echoed here), so no need to restate it.

The poll, however, did say "this child" so there is a correlation to the link. I think what's being asked is: in the story, could the child have been saved with a blessing that the parents were blocking (for whatever reason).

I was raised in a church and taught that, amoung others, all innocents are blessed by god. Also, that children held a special place and no blessing from god could be "blocked" or diverted or anything. It was from him to the person.

Frogger

15. kookookacho

I don't know Oy, very well... but I did think him to be more of a food and politics person not a muslim child welfare advocate. :lol:

16. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

I grew up in the Chicagoland area and hate to say it but children falling from highrises happened all the time. There was a new story on the 10 o'clock news probably once a month. Like Wayne said, a lot of these accidents happen in the lower income areas where there are windows and no A/C units. Sad story...

17. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Surely you can do better, Borgbopper!

18. Oy Yayoy

Oy doesn't believe that God is petty and vengeful, zapping little babies with lightning bolts because someone else did something wrong.

19. Oy Yayoy

Wed Aug 11,10:42 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A convicted rapist serving a lengthy jail sentence has won $13 million on Britain's national lottery, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Iorworth Hoare was on weekend release from a low-security prison when he bought his winning ticket for last Saturday's Lotto Extra draw, the Sun said.

Hoare was nearing the end of a life sentence after being jailed in 1989 for attempted rape. The length of a life sentence is at the discretion of the judge. He had previously served sentences for rape, attempted rape, and indecent assault.

20. kookookacho

Ok I see your point hught. :lol: