Done with the Draft....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Aug 28, 2009.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

why do the worst customers always expect the best service?

2. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Hmmmm. I was there last night with my son about 7 or so. VERY crowded. We go all the time because we always have good food and good service. However, I wonder if you had the girl that we did. I hadn't seen her before (but recognized all the other wait staff) and I thought I detected the slightest bit of a weird attitude. However, we'll still be going back. Oh and for those that do want to go back I think they are having a big CDH birthday or anniversary bash tonight with music and specials.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

not a franchise, but it is a local chain with 6 or 7 other restaurants, all similarly named.

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My philosophy is if the wait staff's attitude smells worse than their bathrooms, then pay for your beverage and just leave because its going to be downhill from that point on.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What makes you think that is the case? I get excellent service from other places. Why should one expect different from CDH? I'd appreciate a real answer instead of a smart *** one please.

6. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

There are people who will go into a restaurant looking for reasons to give a cheap tip. One particular instance I remember was a group of about 7, mix of rednecks and neckettes. The whole time I could overhear them talking **** about the waitress, specifically that she wasnt standing and chatting with them while they drank and she worked, go figure. So the bill comes and these idiots are scrounging for pennies just to be able to afford to pay what was owed. I would imagine the waitress didnt see much of a tip from them.

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

And just to show my yankee colors, I made a comment to one of the girls who was running her mouth, something about 'southern manners'. Her response was 'we treat people the way they treat us'.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

NY9 needs to go back to NY with that attitude. I always tipped about 30% of the bill, and they never had to do anything extra for me and my family, so I am NOT a bad customer. The Draft House just has ***** for help there. You sound like you would be a bad customer.

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I didnt say you were a bad customer bob, why so defensive? 30%? either youre stupid or lying, I'll go with the latter.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

H6, I hate ya'll had a bad experience.

We don't go at night so I can't really comment.
    The day staff is EXCELLENT. We've always gotten great service and the food has always been EXACTLY what we ordered. (i'm picky) :lol:

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I've only been there a few times due to its proximity to my lair. Never had any problems.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And you are assuming that is the case with every. single. person. who has not been happy up there? WOW!! Where can I get one of those crystal balls? I really need one!!

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The establishments that understand that there are no bad paying customers are the one's that succeed.
    Now go grab yourself a 'pie' and a Genny Light and watch the trash and bodies float down the Hudson.

14. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

you asked me to give further detail about my original comment dummy.

The rest of the people are just complainers, expecting everything to be perfect so when its not they can sit back and whine.

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

nice, I'll take a heineken light instead though.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

for once in a lifetime I could find common ground with you.... :jester::cheers:

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

OK Fine! I'm not eating at your restaurant either!!! lol... :jester:

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You really are a piece of work.

19. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I think the WEBBIE needs to BAN NY9. That person does NOT speak very nice on this forum. Calls people all kinds of names. Very Hateful person with a high and mighty attitude.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Eh, it's kind of amusing in a way. It must be really sad & pathetic to be stuck in an area you don't want to be and have nothing else to do but bash the area and it's people on a message board. Perhaps he should think of getting out and finding a hobby or something, you know, to help him acclimate to this miserable corner of the world. :p