Doom, Gloom and other news

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DontCareHowYouDoItInNY, Mar 16, 2011.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Am I the only one with a feeling of impending doom? The whole world is going to pot. It's weird, but I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

2. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

To add to the pot, someone told me they heard a guy on the radio today who predicts earthquakes. He is predicting one for next week possibly in the USA.

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I hear ya, Don't Care...:grouphug: I think all of the media coverage and the instant availability of news just adds to that feeling!! I plan to combat the doom and gloom this weekend by enjoying some time in the sun with people I love and counting my blessings. If we feel this way, I can only imagine what folks in other parts of the world feel every day.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2011
  4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think the tunnel is either caved in or a lot longer than what we thought.

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

...but, it could be a lot worse.

For example, think back to 1942- you survived the Great Depression but now the world is in flames, millions dying, the anti-Christ is rising in the east and the situation is dire.

Cheer up!

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

We'll be fine as long as we don't put ultra liberals in charge.....plus State is about to hire a new coach.

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Look closer - there's a light at the end of the tunnel. One at each end, actually.

Oh crap, they're both oncoming trains.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't feel that way at all. Course I don't watch the news or get sucked into the media frenzy of brainwashing.

Sorry you feel that way man....:grouphug:

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the super moon on March 19th!

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Isn't the end of the world coming in May? The 11th I believe I saw on the billboard in Philly Yesterday.

So you only have a couple more months before you see the light, or the fire.

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

You might want to load up on some sunscreen. :lol:

12. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

I have an "End of the World" kit for sale. Includes duct tape (NASCAR approved), iodine pills, saran wrap, dust mask, ear plugs, camo overalls, a shovel for digging a bomb shelter and 4 cans of Pork and Beans. Only $199.50.
    But wait, if you order within the next 10 minutes, we'll double your order for just a shipping and handling fee!

13. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

I read an article about the Super Moon on March 19th. This is when the moon will be as close to the earth as it ever has been. (or seems like it said it was this close once before in recorded time.) The article was about this...I think he was an astronomer...who said that he felt this closeness was going to cause a lot of disturbances on earth like earthquakes and volcanoes. The article also had opinions from experts in this area that said the effects to earth would be barely detectable. The article didnt cover if the astonomer felt these effects would be on the 19th or around that time period.
    Anyway, what creeped me out was the earthquake in Japan happened the day after I read this article. I sure that guy is wrong and that this was just a coincidence!

DB's wife
    It

14. steve

steve Well-Known Member

because the moon controls the tides it is not unreasonable to expect that if it comes much closer than usual there would be an effect on the movement of the oceans.

15. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Yes I know. I just mean I hope the effects are minimal.

This was interesting, did you read the earthquake/effects of the tsunami moved Japan 13 feet closer to the U.S.? WOW

DB's wife

16. steve

steve Well-Known Member

changed the earth's axis and made the day 1.8 miliseconds seconds shorter.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

You might want to visit your doctor and get yourself some "happy pills"

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

19. steve

steve Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Really makes me look forward to 2012! :ack: