Dr. R

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tit4Tat, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Why? Do you live in a slum?

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Actually, I lived in Selma for 18 years, and I did not consider the entire town to be a slum.

Be that as it may, dealing with bureaucracy can be extremely frustrating, and I certainly understand why Cleo wants her son to continue to be seen at the same office where he has been treated, instead of having to go halfway across the county, wasting time and gas.

3. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I think that is what she meant by "slum" having to go out of her way and wasting gas, etc.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I didn't take offense, anyway. Sometimes you just have to realize other people have their own problems and don't mean anything insulting, not just take offense at every little comment.

5. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

Cleo,

Check your PM.

Thanks for the positive feedback. We'll do whatever we need to, to make y'all happy. You guys are the best.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

6. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

Last time I saw Dr R, he told me that he mainly sticks to the 40/42 office and the one at Flowers.

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

We were going to the 4042 office but have switched over to the 210 office now. I have no complaints about either place. I've never seen Dr. R at either location, but it doesn't matter, he hires good staff and they take care of us -- which is why my teeth look like this :-D.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yes, I was going to use schlep but did not want to offend our transplants! <wink>

210 is about 5 miles from my house, Selma is about 20. And yes, we (myself & my son) have been going to 210 and 42 since he opened here in this community.

9. Cleopatra

Dr R, you rock the Casbah!!!

Off to check my PM!

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just squeeze his guts out (in a good way) :lol:

11. littleguy

littleguy Well-Known Member

Cleopatra, please accept my apologies. I had a bad day and I come to this discussion board and read your post. Unfortunately I have a bad image when anyone mentions Medicaid and here I read someone complaining about having to go to another office for Medcaid coverages. Obviously I was not aware of your situation.
    I also know that the Town of Selma has been trying to improve our image for a long time and it offended me that anyone would use Selma and slum in the same sentence. Statements like that have a tendancy to reinforce the negative image.
    Once again, please accept my apology.

12. Cleopatra

No big deal. I know that some people have negative views of Medicaid recipients, and I apologize for using "slum" and "selma" in the same post. I guess I had an unconscious negative view of Selma, and I've only been there once. Hey - we're even!!

I really had no idea how the "system" worked, apparently offices are elctronically online with Medicaid authorization, and it would require extra paperwork to deter from that. We have only had Medicaid for a few months and have only used it once, for an eye exam. Can somebody explain to me why you get a whole TWO choices of frames? One being ugly, and the other being uglier? I'm not looking for platinum with his initials etched in the lenses, but I don't want him to get his *** kicked at school, either!! Please, no "beggars can't be choosers" replies.... littleman, J/K!! lol

Seriously. I understand there has to be some restrictions and a cap in place to keep people from taking advantage of the program, but come on!!! Must we don a Scarlet M?

Now who has a coupon for lenscrafters, so I can just go get lenses put in his old glasses? Did I mention we have to wait 6 WEEKS for the Birth Control Glasses? BCBS, they were ready in a week.....

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Discussion on Selma brings back many memories. In my high school days Clayton and Selma played some tough basketball games. Now my wife and I have several very good friends that grew up in Selma. Fine folks.
    Very few people realize as you take the Smithfield-Selma exit off US 70 you are actually in Selma. DeWaynes Showplace out by the Outlets is in Selma. Pizza Inn on US 301 is in Selma. We go to the Country Music Showcase in downtown Selma frequently. Never had a problem in Selma. Dr. R has a very nice office in downtown Selma.
    Littleman is right though, Selma is trying very hard to improve their image.

14. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I am a patient at the McGees and I love it. I wanted to switch to one closer to my home but DH said no because the women are beautiful. However, I really like the dentist too, just not for the same reasons as DH!!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Dr. R., are you ever at the Knightdale office??? Just started work up on 64 a few weeks ago and it would be so convenient, but you know i am only gonna see you. Also, my boss is looking for a new dentist and needs a bit of work done so he would be interested in seeing you in that location too. It is only about 10minutes up the road from my office and it looks really nice. i really need to get back to ya, my insurance kicks in again on Jan 1st.

16. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I called and left 2 messages(answering machine) to get an appt yest. They didnt answer the phone, recording says they are busy. I called at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. This cant be good for business (not answering) Do you need a receptionist Dr. R, I need a job. :lol: First impressions are important as hell!!!:) I am in medical assisting/surgical technology at school. :cool: Perfect attendance with a GPA of 4.0. :cool:

Didnt receive a call back.....yet.;)

Since Dr. R is on this site regularly, maybe he will get on em....lol:lol:

Now, do I call back or wait. I dont trust waiting, how do I know they got the message?

Anyway............................(yall notice I love the period button):lol:

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Girl, they may have closed early for Thanksgiving or something. :lol:

18. ifloss

ifloss Well-Known Member

Tit,

They had a Thanksgiving office luncheon yesterday between 1-3, that's why you went to voice mail. I called this morning and they had already tried to contact you and left a message and have probably already called you for the second time. Make sure you tell them you've already been to the 4042 office so they can transfer relevant info. No office positions available right now, but keep checking.

Kaci,

I'm only at 4042 and Flowers, so I don't go to Knightdale office. It's better for patients if we limit the number of offices the doctors go to (see I've been listening to y'all). If you ask to see the same dentist every time, you will be able to, baring sickness or vacation. Thanks for the support.

Michael Riccobene, DDS

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

One poster suggested this site for cheap but good glasses and frames, maybe you could find something there for your son. Also - Walmart has some pretty good prices.
    http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like my dentist, but I really may have to switch. 8)