Driving rants:

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jun 18, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

But seriously, some folks are clearly a danger when they go so far under the speed limit, yeah, it's the upper limit, but going 35 in 55 or 55 in a 70 will cause an accident just as fast as someone speeding. You need to be able to keep up with the flow of traffic. My grandmother will be the first to tell you when she is no longer safe to drive, she will hand over her keys.

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

If you pull out on to a road, and by doing so you cause the oncoming car to have to hit his brakes to slow down and not hit you, then you should not have pulled out.

If you pull out on to a road so you can beat the next oncoming car, but there isnt another car behind the oncoming car for at least 50 miles down the road, then you should not have pulled out.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

right on

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was riding with a relative once, trying to merge onto the interstate and they STOPPED AND WAITED ! in the merge lane! I thought we were going to die. :shock:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That is SO dangerous and we see it frequently traveling. Or the folks that pull off and park at the end of on an on-ramp. Good way to get your killing.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

simple as that. :cheers:

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Blocking intersections is a HUGE pet-peeve of mine!

8. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you!! Someones "need" for a Bojangles biscuit does not trump my need to get where I'm going. Chance you take when you stop off. You are correct, and intersection/road is one thing. A fast food or gas station entrance is NOT an intersection. You will just have to wait til traffic clears.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Lol, PRM specifically the entrance into the Food Lion shopping center by McDonald's @ 4042. I don't know that I have ever been able to enter through there.

12. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Regardless of growth, the number on entrances and the small distance between them should never happen.