Drunk Driver/Slap on Wrist!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1_more_PitBull, Feb 19, 2006.

?

Have you ever drove after at least one drink?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, and paid for it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not going to say

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Cleo. Thats what I mean the ones who cause it all just gets to walk free and do as they please. Some are not so lucky.

2. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Just for fun. Calculate your blood alcohol content and impairment assessment. www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

Cleo, no disrespect intended. I am very sorry about what happen to your brother.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No Offense here, Animal Lover. I believe Offense is TAKEN not GIVEN!!

Carry on!

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!

And this poll is skewed... now if it said driven drunk then I think the poll turn out would be way different. I hope at least :shock: :shock:

5. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I think it's unbelievable that's the extent of her punishment. My younger sister was also 20 & stupid when she got 2 dwi's within 6 months of each other - didn't crash, speed, or injure/kill anyone - yet she, rightfully so, did weekend jail. Plus she lost her license for two years. That was over 15 years ago. I thought the laws were supposed to be stricter now... :evil:

6. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, it would have a lot more "no". Not because people haven't been driving impaired, but because people have a tendency to believe they aren't as impaired as they really are.

A more accurate, less skewed question (presuming people answer honestly) would be

Have you driven at least a mile on a public road within one hour after drinking one (or more) of the following:
    1. A 12oz+ can/bottle of beer.
    2. A shot of hard liquor.
    3. A mixed drink containing at least one ounce of hard liquor.
    4. More than 2 8oz glasses of wine within an hour.

7. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

If she used a scissors in the back of a baby's head and sucked the brain out, she merely would have been exercising freedom of choice.

8. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

UGH oy! dang you just brought back the awful images I seen in an email my aunt sent me the other day. Made me cry! and almost blow cookies.

9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

just one drink can change the way you drive.. 1 glass table wine for someone at 140 pounds within 1 hour is .03=Possible impairment, by the site listed above. Also on one talk show they had the girl from The Silvers ( i think the show was called had a guy named Mike) the girl who played Carol was a kids party where the grown ups drank wine. The husband said he could drive so she did (after one or two drinks of wine) and she fliped on the way home. No one was hurt but she thought she was fine to drive. Anyways about the poll if you don't like the way its worded or anything like that then just don't take it.

10. tawiii

tawiii Guest

:shock: OK Oy, you win with that one. :lol:

11. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Not insinuating anything. Doesn't seem that I was wrong though.