Easy Life Meals

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mom2~1boy, May 2, 2006.

1. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Has anyone gone and done this. according to the website it is cheaper than going out and buying the stuff yourself.. just wondering what the price comparison would be

*can you tell I am chatty today* :lol:

2. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Well, ChattyCathy ( :) )~

I haven't tried it because I don't have that kind of money in one place at one time that isn't going for groceries-all the groceries.

How 'bout anyone else?

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You can cook better and cheaper meals at home. JMHO! :wink:

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I spun the wheel at the strawberry festival last weekend and won 3 meals for $40....

We had Linguine w/ Clam Sauce last night and with Garlic Bread it ran me about 5.50 for a family of four with leftovers for one. Between couponing and bargain shopping, you can make ALOT of meals for $40 at home.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I would have to agree with Cleo on that. I've read lots of articles lately about those types of businesses and how much it costs the consumer, it might be marginally cheaper than eating out, but I don't have that kind of money to burn on convenience. When I get a chance, I double recipes like chili, lasanga, etc which really helps.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

what else did you make?

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

:? I made that at home. One of the few dishes I make.

8. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thanks, just wondering as I hate to cook at home and thought this might be an easy way LOL

9. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

We have used Easy Life Meals twice. I've selected the 6-meal option. For us, it is cheaper than sit down meals for our family. We are also eating different foods than we would normally. One time I picked tilapia (first time eating this fish) and it was great. The serving sizes are generous (4-6). They normally provide side vegetables with it as well. You also pay for convenience, especially those who work outside the home. The time saved is worth it to me.

10. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

My daughter is thinking of trying, My Girlfriends Kitchen, in Cary they have a website www.mgfk.com anybody heard anything about them. I think it is about the same idea as Easy Life Meals.