Eggstravaganza craziness...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Apr 15, 2014.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

The weather was gorgeous, the kids had a blast, the things to do were great!!!

The Easter egg hunt.......not so much. Yes it was alot of fun for the kids and they had a blast! But I saw something that should NEVER have happened. I was with my stepddaughter and her kids. She has a very soon to be 5 year old daughter. They had all the ages of the kids sectioned off. My granddaughter was in the 3-5 yr old age group. The people running the egg hunt SPECIFICALLY said (I heard them and so did a few others around me) to let the KIDS go and enjoy themselves and parents, grandparents, caregivers, whatever, to remain at the side and let the kids have at it. Once they let the kids go in, I saw a massive flood of ADULTS in there with the kids! I stayed back, my stepddaughter stayed back, several others stayed back and were absolutely APALLED... :evil: My stepddaughter had to ultimately go in and find her daughter before she was trampled to death by people that should NOT HAVE BEEN IN THERE:boxing:. And when it was all said and done, she only got 4 eggs!!! Seems like the "parents" got more than the kids....:banghead:

People, if my soon to be 5 year old granddaughter can go in by herself, then SO CAN ALL THE OTHERS. Let the kids go and get THEIR OWN EGGS. THAT is the FUN of it!!! Unless you have a child that is special needs, KEEP YOUR GREEDY TAIL AT THE SIDE AND WATCH... Our "little darlings" will be just fine...How bad can it be, they are THREE to FIVE yrs old!!! Perfectly capable of picking up an egg and putting it in a bag... They do NOT need your help! They WILL get their share...... ;)

Thank you..................

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

This is the exact reason why I stopped going to public egg hunts.

Most of the parents don't care about rules or civility, all they care about is that little Johnny or Little Susie gets their eggs. Even if it means the adult has to knock down someone else's child.

3. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong at all with showing them what life is all about at a young age..

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sounds Eggsiting!

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

You're a real comedi-hen.

6. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I took my son to exactly ONE Easter Egg hunt in Clayton when he was a wee little fella. We were new to the area, sounded like so much fun! Until he was nearly trampled in the stampede. :banghead: I've never seen such a bunch of greedy folks in my life, honestly it was revolting. Never went back.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

8. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

Agreed. The public egg hunts are just a mad house. But it's super easy to host your own with a group of friends. We do one every year. Each kid gets typically 40-50 eggs each. The parents donate the stuff to put into the eggs, and we reuse the same plastic eggs every year (which everyone pitched in a few dozen eggs per kid in the first year). And then we all bring food and make a day of it. So much fun, very little cost, and a good time for all!!

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Thinking of having a little egg hunt for my almost 2 year old granddaughter. She missed hers at daycare due to being out sick. Figure it will be fun for the family to watch her finding the eggs. I'd welcome ideas for things to put in the eggs besides candy. What is safe and fun for that age?

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

When I assisted with an Easter Egg hunt at one of the parks in Cary a few years ago, they placed numbers in some of the eggs that were exchanged for larger presents. Nothing very expensive, but there were coloring books, crayons, etc. from which to choose. Something similar could be done for a private hunt, such as a picture of the prize, and those items might be used longer.

11. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Stickers, coins to put in the piggy bank she received in her Easter basket, hair clips...

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Thank you! All great ideas!

13. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

When my daughter was in preschool, they had an Easter egg hunt with numbered eggs. Each child had a number and didn't seem to have any problem remembering what their number was. There was an equal number of eggs for each child. It made it more fun because-even though they might find the egg, if it didn't have their number on it, they passed it by. It made the hunt last longer and no child was "outdone" by faster or more coordinated kids.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Thats a great idea! But I would presume with the group mentioned by the OP that they wouldn't care and still take some other kids eggs. Greedy parents, and those kids will probably grow up to be just as bad.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member