Emulators

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by Rockyv58, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

This may be a silly question, But are there emulators of older O/S's? Like Windows 95, XP, etc? So that the emulator would run faster and you could load older apps into them and still use them.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

There are emulators for prior operating systems. Some of them work better for certain programs than others so there can be a lot of trial and error. I know a couple of more hardcore gamers who have older operating systems co-installed with newer systems,which can be used to operate the older games or the newer games depending on need.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have several computers. Mostly older PC's and a laptop that is totally down. I had been running different OS's on them. I have some old Win 95 games I would love to run but I know they won't work on windows 7 64. I got to thinking instead of trying to keep the old PC's running and putting the gams on them just to get the emulators to run the games and joy stick.

Auxie likes this.
  4. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

VirtualBox is a emulator, used for that. You can also use DOSBox.

5. Wayne Stollings

6. panthersdude2001

sonic, really?

7. Wayne Stollings

The old Sonic games would need an emulator and speeding up the processor is always good....

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  8. panthersdude2001

That would be for the GX620, which is my desktop that runs XP. It runs those games still. Never getting rid of it! :confused:
    I bought a laptop in september 2018, and it is okay. Desktops are better than this.