English Bull \ Boxer for Stud

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by pikapp691, Aug 13, 2007.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I really wish all of those people who are so intent on not altering their pet would truly research the benefits other than pet overpopulation. Your pet has many benefits from it such as avoiding many cancers of the reproductive organs as well as so many others. Please educate yourself and know what you are doing to your pet.

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

mine got it last week. now i have another problem and its disgusting. Since i've never owned a dog before i don't know what to do except hide her pillow.

3. pikapp691

pikapp691 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by altering a pet? What do you mean in your last sentence?

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Altering means spaying or neutering. As far as educating, I believe she means do some research on the health benefits to your pet as far as having it neutered goes. :cool:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That confused me Tangy:? What do you mean about hiding her pillow and what type of problem are you having? i spayed little Gracie several months ago and have not had any problems.

6. Tangerine

she's humping it. can i say that here? :oops: dont quote this.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, not quoting, but it is kinda unusual for a female dog to be humping - how old is she?

8. Tangerine

she's 5 i think. we got her from someone else so i'm not really sure. she's just started it.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, that explains it, she is not a puppy and has already experience "playtime":lol::lol::lol:

10. Tangerine

and do i just let her do it?

11. pikapp691

pikapp691 Well-Known Member

My 6 year old 90lb female black lab humps my 60 lb male bulldog like nobody's business. She has been spayed since she was a puppy. They go at it back and forth but he learned it from her.

She does it no matter what, the worst was in front of company.

12. Tangerine

i will die if mine does it in front of company.

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

This behaviour is not sexual in the animal world. It is a form of dominating. They are just establishing the pecking order. :lol:

14. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

What colors / markings does he have?

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Tangy, my little chihuahua does it too. Instead of a pillow, she has one of my old bedroom shoes (it's bigger than she is) that she's carried around since she was a puppy. She's 11 years old now and has been spayed since she was about 3. When I catch her doing it, I take away her shoe and put it on top of the china cabinet for a couple of hours. Then when I give it back to her, she doesn't do it again for a couple of weeks. (She probably starts burning it up as soon as we all leave for work each morning...lol) Like you, it drives me crazy!!

Brenda

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

That's right people! It's pecking order, not poking order. I believe only humans and monkeys do it for pleasure. :mrgreen:

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping clarify.

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

And dolphins! Don't forget the dolphins!

19. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Altering = Neutering, for a dog (male); spaying, for a Enlightened person.

Too many pets, not enough homes
    Each year, around 15 million pets are turned into animal shelters across the country. Only 25 to 30 percent of these animals are reclaimed by their owners or adopted into new homes. The rest, some 11 million dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens, must be put to death because no one wants them.

This terrible waste can be easily reduced by reducing the number of puppies and kittens being born. And the best way to do that is to neuter your pets. Neutering is a simple surgical procedure which prevents pets from reproducing by removing their reproductive organs.

When neutered, pets offer you what you got them for -- affection, companionship, and being the center of their world.

As a pet owner, you can add to the overpopulation problem or help end it. Don't fool yourself into thinking that if you find a home for each of your pet's offspring you avoid adding to the number of homeless pets. Actually, you've only eliminated potential homes for other waiting puppies and kittens. Only so many responsible, caring homes exist, and finding a home for one of your pet's offspring inevitably dooms some other cat or dog.

Besides giving other pets a chance at a loving home, neutering your pets gives them and you a lot of benefits you may not be aware of:
    Your pet will be a more content family member Because they're domestic animals, dogs and cats naturally take to, and need, people, but this natural affection gets overpowered by the drive to reproduce. This urge to mate leads to roaming, fighting, aggression, excessive barking, howling, and other unwelcome behaviors. Neutered pets are freed of this urge and the resulting bothersome behaviors, making a calmer and more content pet who prefers to stay home and concentrate on you. If your have more than one pet, you'll find that your neutered pets get along much better with each other.

Your pet will be healthier
    Because the urge to search out mates is eliminated, neutered pets are less likely to roam from home and be injured in fights or killed in traffic. In fact neutered pets have twice the average life expectancy of unneutered pets, partly due to a much lower chance of suffering from breast, uterine, prostate, and testicular cancers.

Don't breed or buy, when those in rescue die.

To the original poster, you asked for OPINIONS, don't get upset when those opinions don't necessarily agree with your own.

I grew up in a family of owner/breeder/handlers (the show dog world). Pure breed dogs were my only pets for almost two decades. Now, everyone in my home is a mutt - a mixed or crossbreed. I can tell you from almost 50 years of experience that mixed breed dogs are just as smart and loyal as any pure breed. HOWEVER - our county, state and nation have such a surplus of unwanted pets who sit in shelters - with a limited time to find a home and over 80% of these animals will NOT find one, and will instead be put down.

Please do some research on the problem of surplus animals, as well as the benefits of neutering your boy. Take a walk through the various shelters in Johnston and Wake counties and see the faces of these puppies, dogs, kittens and cats, who are in a cage, facing a death sentence, only because they are homeless. Keep in mind that these cages could one day house the offspring of your dog, or their pups. If after all of that, you still wish to stud out your dog, then go right ahead.

20. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

:lol: Yup, all about being or wanting to be Alpha, my guys sometimes look like they are doing a conga dance (all 4 lined up). "No humping in the living room!" is a common command around here.