EOG - Pass or Fail?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, May 21, 2009.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

He failed the reading both times...all his grades on his report card are As and Bs, except for reading is a C. And it's not that he can't read, he actually reads all the time, has great vocabulary, he just doesn't care to read what he doesn't care about, so he's lazy about his schoolwork/homework in that area. If I don't sit over his shoulder and watch him, he'll say he did it, then I find out he just answered the questions to be done with it. Same with the EOG apparently...Even though the teachers stressed how important it is, and I did to a degree (but not as much as they did, didn't want to give the poor kid a panic attack) He does good the first half of the test, but by the second half he's bored with it. I only know that because I saw the practice one he came home with.

2. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

I proctored several times at a certain school. Kids are on kind of a lockdown so they are not wandering up & down halls to distract others. They do get a short break about every 45-50 minutes. (Most stand up, stretch, & flop back down.)Maybe powers to be will find a better way. When I was in school in 50's & 60's we studied, had exams, & if our grades & exams combined meant we passed-we passed. If not, we flunked. Simple but effective. But then you must remember, the whole world has changed alot.8)

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My son's going to 4th grade!!! :hurray: no summer school or nuttin...just gets to go, I'm so relieved and excited!!!