Famous Toastery

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Sep 13, 2017.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Had breakfast yesterday at the new one at White Oak. Have to say that even though it's a chain restaurant the food was pretty good. Pricey but good.

Nice to have a breakfast place around other than the Waffle House.

poppin cork and Rockyv58 like this.
  2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Other than Denny's, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, or my favorite, Angie's

3. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

We were not impressed. Wait staff does not have assigned tables. We were there on a busy morning. Had to waive down hostess for service after food delivered to table. No one, not nary one, ever returned to table, even with bill. We thought coffee was bitter. I believe hostess said it was a "Italian" brand. Grits no good. Omelette not even close to one at Brigs. Very, very pricey for quality of breakfast. There are many options (Brigs, Big Ed's, Cracker Barrel, Angie's and yes even Rockin Comet Diner) that are much better and less expensive. We will not return.

poppin cork likes this.
  4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We personally love IHOP on 70 in Garner. We have been going almost every Sunday morning for the past 5 years. We usually get out of there for around $20-22 with tax and tip for two of us.

5. lgb0250

The atmosphere was very sterile to me. Not very warm and comfortable. Our bill came to $20 + tip. The waiters explained the team concept to us that all waiters wait on all tables. That way if you need something you don't have to wait for your waitress to show up before asking. While it does create more traffic to the table, the attentiveness is appreciated.

We live close to 42 & Josephine so other than Cracker Barrel and Waffle House there just isn't anything close. Been to IHOP on 70 and love the food but the atmosphere to me is just dark and dingy!

As far as over crowded you can expect that when a new place just opens and especially on the weekends. When we were there around 9am there were not many people at all.

When we were recently in Myrtle Beach we wanted to try the new Wallburgers at Broadway. We got there about 15 minutes after they opened and they already had a 45 minute wait! There is no burger worth that to me.

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

When travelling on the west coast, I once went to a Steakhouse just as they were supposed to open. They were a few minutes late in opening the door but no biggie. When I and the only other couple there were told there was already a 45 minute wait for a table in the empty establishment, I went elsewhere.

Hught likes this.
  7. lgb0250

LOL. I wish that was the case at Wallburgers because I would have asked to see a manager but they have an open seating concept and between all those tables and the line it was clear they weren't lying.