FarmTown Addicts

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

so much money being made in these social games... its insane.

and these games probably take all of 3 months to put together from design to ship.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Well, I sure wish I could get into making the money off of them instead of being addicted to them!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and luckily I don't pay to play them either.

but I am putting my foot down at 3 farms.

I swear. :p

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

They added some new stuff within the past week.

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Logged on briefly the other night, and saw they've added "dollars" but I haven't figured out yet how to earn them...

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

not sure either :confused: but at the store there's things you can buy w/ the dollars in addition to what you could buy w/ your coins

Got me a garden gnome :mrgreen:

7. nevilock

just a guess from a game designers perspective, the dollar amounts as an alternative for in game money is probably a micro-transaction system. You can buy this {box of crap} for $X though paypal.

Micro-transactions are the new monthly fee.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I gots me some gnomes too. I want the campfire and the American Flag too. 8)

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I's gots the campfire... and the picnic blanket and some gnomes and a couple out houses to go by my cabins.... oh and a lemonade stand :mrgreen::lol:

i need to get rid of some of my trees... my mozilla crashes every time i have the trees showing.... too many graphics i guess?

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Is that like the.. the .. wth is it called?
    My kids play on sites (Neopets, Free Realms,) that want you to buy gift card type things to use as cash on the game...to buy virtual items. I can't believe people actually do that... but they do..

They also have the "up grade" games... = monthly fee.

Mine think I'm a mean mama.

11. nevilock

Yep. Micro-transactions are neat (from a publishers perspective) because they cost very small amounts of money... and you don't feel it adding up as badly. Some people will spend more than 15$ a month in micro-transactions for a game they like. World of Warcrack has plans to implement a micro-transaction system soon too.

Neopets, free realms, (not on your list but XBOX360) have another layer to this system. When you use points, you're further obfuscated from what your money is really doing... you have 3000 Points, and this hat only costs 200 Points! The value of "points" is no longer in your head.

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yes, but where did you get your dollars? Did you purchase them, or did you earn them somehow?

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

All of those things are coin purchases.... I think the cash thing accumulates like the cash on farmville.... VERY slowly and with more activity you get cash.

14. nevilock

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I need a worker, anyone on? :mrgreen:

16. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

OK..I just started playing....dang how long you guys been playing, some of your farms look awesome...mine is piddly:lol:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've been playing for two or three weeks. I need more neighbors on Farmville and Farmtown. Hint hint to any of you out there that aren't already my neighbors! :jester:

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

DH needs some neighbors also, so if anyone wants to add him, look at my friends list and find him and let him know that you know me. He needs neighbors for both FT and FV.

19. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

does anyone know you can play farmtown on myspace? we need neighbors for that if anyone is interested. myspace.com/macawoogo and myspace.com/xmasart

20. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

If anyone needs neighbors just PM me and I will give you my info.
    Sheri