Farrakhan Hails The "Messiah"

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Funny how no one on your side of the aisle made a peep when whackos like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell said George W. Bush was sent by god.

3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Link?

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What side of the aisle am I on, Harvey?

5. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are a far cry from Louis Farakahn. I don't hear the Obama camp making any opposition to Farakahn's claims. Barack Hussein Obama is just too radical for the United States.

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Westboro......

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Cult

Auxie likes this.
  8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think you can find someone to say that about just about any religious sect, someone said it about Catholics just yesterday!

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I agree Falwell and Robertson were far worse in a lot of ways.

10. colinmama

colinmama Guest

well, he said some people would call it a cult. nobody said it directly about us Catholics. And if they did I know I'm not the one on here spewing all sorts of jibberish so I'm not worried about getting the bad rep...:jester:

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better, a number of the founding fathers/mothers considered the catholic religion a cult! 8)

12. colinmama

colinmama Guest

In the words of one of our finer Americans, THAT'S HOT! ;)

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

colinmama for President! :cheers:

Auxie likes this.
  14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

How? Someone flunked History.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Their version of hate was a little bit more subtle.Who failed? All three? Or you?

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Cute

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We'll I'll be honest, I've never really been too big a fan of Robertson or Falwell, however I don't know that I could say that I agree with them being associated with hate. Hate for who? If you are referring to their opposition to the homosexual lifestyle than I do not see where they said anything hateful. The Bible does make it clear that homosexuality is considered a sin and that isn't just Old Testament...but New Testament, as well. Now, I don't wish to get on that subject, but the Wright and Farrakhan comparison is a far stretch to Robertson and Falwell. There may be a gray area in between hate rhetoric and free speech, but I don't think that exists here. No matter how political Falwell was and Robertson is, the facts are that they do carry the 'Rev.' in front of their names and I expect them to state what Scripture says on occasion. Personally, I don't hate homosexuals. My cousin is gay and my wife's cousin is gay. I would never disrespect them, but I do not accept their lifestyles as being normal nor do I believe in extending the same rights to them as married couples to their respective 'partners.'

As with the case with Falwell and Robertson, I've expected them to interject some opinions, that I may agree or disagree with, but I've not heard anything to my recollection that was racist, anti-American or even hate-filled toward homosexuals. That said, they both have had pasts of being too political and the media has equally exploited both of them for those reasons.

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

So how does your stance against homosexuality any difference from the Islamic tenet that homosexuals must be put to death. Seems like those Christians who think that homosexuality is a sin against God and Nature would readily find agreement with their Islamic brethren.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Well, Hat (if I may) certainly there is an obvious difference and you of all people on here know this to be fact with your proclaimed knowledge of different religions. (I take you on your word that this is so about you because I do believe you're sincere on that.)

There is no New Testament references that I'm aware of that orders the death of a person by another individual based on their sins, but that doesn't mean that there isn't condemnation for the sin. The person is condemned by their sin, according to the Bible, and their lack of repentence brings God's judgement upon them.

20. seabee

seabee Guest

they will answer for their sins as they stand at the pearly gates of heaven only to be sent to the land of heat