Feed the World....20 grains of rice at a time.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FlossyMom, Dec 31, 2007.

1. FlossyMom

FlossyMom Member

2. claytonsassy

claytonsassy Well-Known Member

i've become addicted to the site as i love the fact that i can help someone and expand my vocabulary too...a friend forwarded the site to me back in november and i visit almost daily :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I donated 400 grains! :mrgreen:

4. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

If this is for real it is awesome. Thanks for sharing. We will be learning new words either way.

Grace

5. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

cool site! Thanks!

6. deliqueen

deliqueen Guest

:shock:Ijust got 2678 grains of rice...what I wanna know is who is gonna count!!!!:roll: This site was fun!

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Hey is it cheating to look up the word??

9. Mad Hungarian

Mad Hungarian Member

In the end who's paying for that rice?

Yeah, OK, it's a Feel Good thing, but don't you wonder who is actually paying for that grain of rice? Could it be us taxpayers? Why not just teach them to plant their own rice and grow their own? Oh, and just who does that rice go to anyway? If it is to some country with a corrupt government why not just encourage the population to rise up against oppression and show them that they have the power to control their own destiny? God helps those that help themselves, remember? I do not mind helping the down trodden but I wont help those that wallow in self pity.

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Apparently you did not read the Snopes article that LJK linked above. It's paid for by the advertising revenue the site generates. The more people who visit the site, the more advertising revenue.

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

My 16 year old neice has been going to this site and she looks up the words sometimes if needed. Plus everything she gave for gifts to the family this year was stuff that a certain percentage of the sale goes to something. She is our little tree hugger.
    Sheri

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Love it, I can feel my brain growing! ;)

13. deliqueen

deliqueen Guest

:?
    :?JOY-KILL!