Food Lion...

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by harleygirl, Feb 25, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Has some pretty good deals this week.

Don't everybody RUN over and get all the good deals now. :lol: Save some shrimps for me.

2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

I used to shop at Food Lion every week but EVERY time something was on sell there...you could bet your bottom dollar, they would be out of it. It was very frustrating. We often got rain checks for items but then we would get a lot of hassle when trying to use them later.

Sorry to say I switched to Walmart. Since they came to town though maybe Food Lion won't run out of all the sale items so quickly.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I've had that happen when LF would do triple q-pons, no big deal though I'd just wait until the next day.

Oh and I just noticed that you have the same avatar as Crysta. LOL

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

We order what we are allowed to order for the sales, but I know my front end doesn't have any problem with the rain checks, it's when the people cheat on them and try and get something that wasn't even on the rain check and yes that happens, sorry you had a bad experience. Just a question what food lion was it?
    Hint*ads come out on Weds, best to do your shopping with in the first few days or so of that ad coming out.

5. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Also, make sure the sales price applies to the day you are there; often there are big sales that are in effect on Friday-Sunday. A lot of people get mad when they are buying a big pack of Toilet paper or paper towels and find out it is only Thursday, and sale goes into effect on Friday. If you are one to watch the MVP price come off as the cashier is ringing stuff up, be aware that sometimes the sales discount comes off at the end of the order, when the cashier hits the "subtotal" button. Sometimes there is a "limit" posted, too. Usually, we just ring up a separate order if a customer has more than the limit; not a problem. Or we need to call the office to override something if the sales is not ringing up properly. If you have questions, just ask your cashier. If the shelf is empty for a sales item, ask someone if the store has any more in stock. Sometimes items sell quickly and no one has had a chance to restock yet. An employee can check for you; this also helps us, so we are aware that shelves are empty. If there is a question about the price, we'll check to make sure the correct sale is being reflected. Hopefully, he or she will know the answer to your question or find out what the answer is for you. It is a learning process for everyone in some cases. As for rain checks, maybe your cashier is too embarrassed to admit not knowing how to ring them up, and this translates into a hassle for them. As a customer, insist that your cashier call for assistance, as sometime procedures are taught to us, but can be forgotten, as we do not get many. What our customers experience and have comments about, we would like to know. I enjoy my contact with customers and want to be the cashier they have a good experience with...:cheers:

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Very well said!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:
    I understand a lot as well..cause just today we had to cut 15 hours on the front and in turn that stresses out the cashier and it does us office people. We do the best we can do..is all I got to say!