For you pet lovers and Pets are people lovers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ServerSnapper, Aug 21, 2012.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Oh and ANY dog can kill.... It's not just a dog that came off the road! So let's not put that name on them like others have stamped on Pit Bulls, Rottie's, and other "mean killing machine" dogs. SMH

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Orly?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I really don't get where you are coming from with this response. It kinda gave me a headache...Clif can you decipher please...

4. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

This is a horribly sad story. I admire her for all the work she did for animals and I wonder what provoked one of the dogs. It's a tragedy they all had to be euthanized.

5. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The middle part was a bit confusing. Aside from that, the first and last parts basically said s/he wouldn't hesitate to allow a stray animal into his/her personal space (presuming the animal wasn't foaming at the mouth).

What bothers me is the statement "...if the dog shows no sign of a temperment problem..." Animals are animals. Unless you know and have worked with the animal, you can't tell what his temperament will be from one moment to the next. He may be friendly, happy and tail-wagging in one moment, but he may suddenly feel challenged or threatened the next and go into Tasmanian Devil mode. This is why shelters (good ones, anyway) have an isolation area for new arrivals. No intelligent animal handler will judge an animal's temperament until they have observed them for several days.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Just waaaay too cute.

Sherry

7. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I don't know, he is wearing a hoodie. :jester:

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Got our first dog from a puppy mill. She's a cookapoo and could not be any sweeter. Get's along with everybody and anything.

Got our second dog from a shelter. She's a minpin and was abused. For a while she hated pickup trucks and men. The shelter stated that she was brought up in the trunk of a car. She is still a little shy but what a wonderful dog.

Sherry

9. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

LOL ... yep - could be same with people as far as meeting them and starting any type of relationship .... :allears:

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

This story is a tragic accident that happened to a well-meaning, compassionate young woman who certainly did not deserve to die. One thing I have learned in all my years of rescuing is that when dogs start fighting amongst themselves the safest thing to do is get out of the way. It is difficult to step back, but necessary, because the pack members do not recognize you as their loving, rescuing pack leader. They are often out for blood and will attack anything and anybody. Yes, they WILL bite the hand that feeds them because they have become frenzied, unthinking beasts. Even small breeds, who are so cute and deemed harmless. We learn these things the hard way.

:-(

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

This is true as well. :)

12. elims

elims Well-Known Member

That's not a dog, it's a rat in a hat!

Yes, even that little thing can have temperament issues ... and attack it's owner. Have you messed with a little dog? Vicious little snipes! They don't know their size!

13. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Kids kill their parents sometimes.....people are animals, the most. Dangerous I might add.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

15. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I meant to say at the end that I was NOT downing fostering a pet... Cause I would do it again in a heartbeat... BUT there are some rescues that tell you what they think you want to hear about the pet so you will take them home.. That is what my last point was. As for me I'm a dog lover... So I believe every dog deserves a shot. The one I fostered for 3 months was found on the side of the road. NO clue as to he's life before but he was a GREAT dog and I cried when he left!
    [​IMG]

This is him Roscoe on the left and my dog Roxy on the right.. Truth is he went to ANOTHER state... Do you think they got the full info on him from my house?

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Sad but true. I agree.

17. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. +1 for Clif