Foreclosure

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have come upon some tough times work and health wise in the past year, which has led me to become behind in my mortgage. I am working with a company in Raleigh that is trying to help me do a loss mitigation on my home. Yesterday I received a letter from my mortgage company stating they won't be doing the loss mitigation and I go to the clerk of the court next Tuesday. I really love living here and do not even have the expenses to move any where other than a homeless shelter. I set up a gofundme page to see if I can get help on at least bringing my mortgage up to date. From which point I should be able to proceed with mortgage/insurance payment.

Thanks for reading and at least looking at the gofundme page

https://www.gofundme.com/f/staving-...dium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your situation and I hope you reach your goal. It looks like you have made a start.

3. Rockyv58

Wayne, Thank you very much. It lets me know there are still people out there that care about others.

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Wishing and $ending you the best in solving your situation.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Good Luck...hope you get back on your feet soon.

6. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

Please document every interaction you have with the mortgage lender. It’ll help you in the long run, big time.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Rockyv58

Thanks will do

8. Rockyv58

My brother in Florida said he would help. Also,
    This is from the company who is working with me to save my home: Next week is another hearing so you will still have about 30 days to secure funding to bring loan current.

9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Rocky, if you haven’t already done this, try to post your Gofundme thread on different platforms. I’ve read that folks have been very successful in getting help with their medical bills and foreclosure problems this way.

Also, for other seniors out there who may be in a similar situation, one of the fastest growing living situations in the country (besides millennials living longer at home with their parents, and the growth of multi-generational households) that you may not have heard of, concerns senior homeowners getting a roommate to help defray their expenses in retirement. So that’s another strategy these days for seniors to consider if they want to stretch their retirement dollars. Might also help with companionship too, if you find the right person.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Well said.

DWK likes this.
  11. Rockyv58

Good Morning folks, This is the first time I have been able to do an update. Over the weekend I received a letter from the mortgage companies lawyers. They have postponed tomorrow's foreclosure to hearing to Tuesday May 5th at 9:00 in Smithfield. That is a bit of a relief but I still need to get caught up with my mortgage. Thank you all who have donated and all who have read my posts