Forums Have Been Upgraded! PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Thanks for catching this...the redirect has been updated. :cool:

ricks99 likes this.
  2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Looks great!! Thank you!

elims and Webmaster like this.
  3. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I think I may need some new glasses. The print is very small. o_O

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Love love love the new like option!!!

Webmaster likes this.
  5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to have the forums mark threads read automatically like the old one did?

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

If you mean to mark the forum as being read, there is a button in the upper left hand corner under the "home" button that can mark as read.

If you mean to automatically follow a thread or forum, that is found under the "preferences" option when yo click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The preference button is the fourth pn down in the left hand column. Just click to check or uncheck your choice and click save.

7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Thanks Wayne. I understand how the button works to mark Forums read but in the old software we didn't have to do that. It did it automatically by probably using cookies. Everytime you visited the forum all the threads that had had post to them from your last visit would be highlighted in bold print color. When you clicked on it to read the post the boldness would go away until the next new post. You didn't have to manually mark a forum as read.

8. Wayne Stollings

Ahh, this format does that automatic function as well, but it seems not for you now. I would have similar issues with the automatic function with the old system too, but they were somewhat random. I have also seen the same thing with the new format, just not very often so far. I have seen occasionally in another forum I have followed for quite some time, but have not been able to track it down even using the administrative control data. Perhaps webbie can shed more light on it now.

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

I suspect it has to do with cookies set by the forum software. It is working properly when I view it...that is, when I return, the forums that have new messages are bolded and they "unbold" after I read them. First thing to check is to make sure you are allowing for cookies to be set. Secondly, you might want to try with different browsers to see if it is a browser specific issue.

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I see in the bottom left where it shows who is online. I know what Members and guests are but what are Robots?
    PS. I know we can now follow people. Is there a way to see who is following us? and a way to uncheck a person from following you?

11. Wayne Stollings

Bots are the programs used to search the interwebs for stuff. They are automated to search for content by search engines, for example, so that when you do a search the information is more readily available.

On the left side of your profile page there will be a box showing who is following you and their avatars

I know of none, but webbie might be able to give you some assistance if necessary.

Rockyv58 likes this.