Frontpage Question

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by chuck, Mar 10, 2005.

1. appcomm

appcomm Well-Known Member

Re: Agree 100%

Agreed! The hardware/software world is like walking a tightrope. And no matter what side you fall on, you aren't going to please everyone. As for the Open Source price - true that! :D

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks, scalability is not going to be an issue, if it does we will hire a geek full time

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Sorry to revive an old thread. I just realized that I've got a website that I can't find through search engines. How do I make this happen? Is this something I can do through Frontpage or the individual search engines? It's obvious I'm learning as I go, ain't it? :?

4. appcomm

appcomm Well-Known Member

When you create a site, you'll want to make sure you include META tags (keywords) that search engines will use to pick up and index your site. If you don't use META tags, when the search engines "spider" (survey) your web site, they will pick up keywords from the text that is present. If that text doesn't reflect very well how you should be located in the search engine, then you won't get good results.

Primary ways of getting into the search engines:

1. Create site and include META tags (keywords that reflect the content of your site.) Wait for the search engines to visit you and you will start showing up.

2. You can speed up the process by submitting your site directly to the search engines. This also allows you to provide key words you would like to be indexed under.

3. Paid services. There are a number of these that, for a fee, will work to submit and enhance your listings in the search engine results.

4. Get your site linked on as many other sites as possible. Links on other sites that point back to your site enhance your ratings in the search engines.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

There are tag lines you can put in to make it work or you can contact rsvplinks.com As long as you have a link to their website somewhere on your website, you will be at the top depending on your keywords. Look me up by googling Alarm Systems for Clayton NC and see if you can find me. I should be the 2nd or 3rd one from the top, with RTP links. I don't pay for jack. If you need help let me know and I'll hook you up with my guys.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In addition to the great advise given, I advertise across North America on Google - https://adwords.google.com/select/ - drop about $75 a day and get a great customer response. I know they have options where you can limit your advertisement to pop in a Google search for a tight area right around the 4042 area if you want.

I used a similar system on Yahoo, but spent the same money and only got about ΒΌ the results I got from Google.